• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much all this. It’s a gut rehab and drafting a QB for this dumpster fire would be terrible. Shore up the trenches. Be selective on tier 2 FAs. Shoot for 2021 season before McCaffrey and G-reg (if he even comes back) mileage runs out.

0% Greg is here in 2021. Probably less than 10% chance he even plays next year.

i feel bad for gerald mccoy

i hope he finds a playoff team next season, seems like a really great guy

Mike McCarthy interviews for head coaching position with Panthers. Looks like the next solid coach for the Panthers.

I thought I could watch to see how much they try to sell out to get 1,000 yards, but Grier is so terrible and nobody else seems to care

Blow up this disaster

I'm torn on McDaniels. It's easy to argue his career has been propped up by Brady's greatness. I also hate the Patriots. He failed in Denver and he had a similar videotaping scandal that helped usher him out. He was welcomed back to the Pats, but the Pats did fine without him. There's obviously how he screwed over the Colts.

But it's probably more important that he was Brady's OC/QB for most of his career, so it's hard to separate Brady from McDaniels. His stint with the Broncos was 10 seasons ago. The league clearly doesn't care about blatant cheating. Passing on McDaniels due to his time in Denver could be like passing on passing on Belichick due to his time in Cleveland.

Is it safe to say that Fewell's interview is just cursory and he isn't a real candidate? I mean both sides of the ball have taken a noticeable step backwards in four weeks under his direction. Case in point, in the first 12 games of the year, we scored 25.5 points a game and surrendered 26.8. In the last four games under Fewell, we have surrendered 37.5 per game and averaged 15.0.

It's a cynical Rooney Rule interview or a courtesy on the way out.

I am really curious to see what Tepper does this offseason including hiring a new coach, Cams future, do you keep Marty as gm? Big decisions for the owner and the future of the team. I feel like overall Tepper has been loved by the fans (me included) but these decisions aren’t going to be easy.

The results don't bare out keeping Hurney. Tepper said he would and he would hire an asst GM. Perhaps he didn't fire Hurney because there was no obvious replacement. His praise for Hurney was mostly limited to his college scouting. So maybe he trusts Hurney to run the college scouting through bowl season, all-star games, combine, and on campus workouts over the next 2+ months.

Makes sense to at least hire an asst GM in the next few weeks to evaluate personnel and prepare for the draft. I firmly believe every franchise is a good draft or two away from contending. I don't see any evidence that Hurney is going to have two good drafts. Tepper's comments implied that the new hire would be the analytics person, so perhaps that person would be in charge of the roster and draft selections while Hurney runs scouting.

I'm curious the extent to which Tepper will influence the QB decisions like keeping Cam, drafting a QB, keeping Allen and/or Grier, and/or getting a FA QB. For me, it comes down to if Tepper is willing to stomach another year of wasting Luke and CMC hoping for Cam to get healthy.

Last edited:
I'm curious the extent to which Tepper will influence the QB decisions like keeping Cam, drafting a QB, keeping Allen and/or Grier, and/or getting a FA QB. For me, it comes down to if Tepper is willing to stomach another year of wasting Luke and CMC hoping for Cam to get healthy.

Yup! Going to be interesting for sure.

Greg is done. He took at least 50 different pictures on the sideline before the game. Wife, kids, parents, family, friends, everyone was there. Normally it’s just his kids. Whole family was in tears. They know.

Best trade in Panthers history. Hate it ended without Cam.

Panthers Facebook is saying we have the #7 pick.

Maybe it’s ok for some Wake fans to pull for Clemson as an ACC team Wake plays every year and some not to for similar reasons. Two correct viewpoints?? Or maybe that’s just crazy talk...

Correct. Hope there’s an early run on QBs after Burrow. I’m guessing Dolphins and Chargers could be in the market?

Pretty much all the mocks I have seen have them taking Tua and Herbert. If that’s the case, I can’t see taking a QB.

Cam back healthy is the best scenario. This team has lots of needs. Take the known entity who can be 2nd running game option if healthy and focus on other needs in the early draft.

Had we kept Rivera through the season, he still would have had the team competing the final four games. Laying down the past month was tough to watch, but now we have the #7 pick....which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back