• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

I don’t think it’s inevitable. If there is a blue wave, Dems will redraw gerrymandered districts. A lot of typical Pub BS in traditional and social media. won’t work anymore. Tea Party type movements won’t be treated as legitimate grassroots organizing. There will be some losses due to normal backlash. But the 2022 senate map is horrible for Republicans. The Dem incumbents are from very blue states and Republicans will be trying to hold swing states and emerging purple states like FL, NC, SC, GA, AZ, WI, IA, and PA.

While there's no doubt that Democrats have taken a beating at the polls in the first off-year elections after the last two Democrats were elected POTUS (94 after Bill's first election in 92, 2010 after Obama's first election in 2008) it may be different this time for the two reasons you mentioned. If the Democrats pick up a good number of state legislatures and governorships next month as they seem likely to do, they will get to draw most of the House districts around the country for 2022, which will likely limit their losses in the House, and in the Senate the map is terrible for Republicans in 2022, which will also likely limit GOP gains, if they make any. Also, at some point the Democratic base has got to learn that if they don't turn out in off-year elections, simply holding the executive branch won't be enough to accomplish much of anything.

While there's no doubt that Democrats have taken a beating at the polls in the first off-year elections after the last two Democrats were elected POTUS (94 after Bill's first election in 92, 2010 after Obama's first election in 2008) it may be different this time for the two reasons you mentioned. If the Democrats pick up a good number of state legislatures and governorships next month as they seem likely to do, they will get to draw most of the House districts around the country for 2022, which will likely limit their losses in the House, and in the Senate the map is terrible for Republicans in 2022, which will also likely limit GOP gains, if they make any. Also, at some point the Democratic base has got to learn that if they don't turn out in off-year elections, simply holding the executive branch won't be enough to accomplish much of anything.

It’s infuriating that the odds are that pubs will only pay a 2 year price for Trump. What a fucking joke of a democracy we have.

A 2018 turnout in 2022 would get the job done.

Crazy idea, but if Biden wins and the Democrats control the Senate, maybe they could try to actually pass the legislation that people want and then not have to worry about losing in 2022.

imrs.php

In Durham with his granddaughter today

Man of the people, right there.

Shoulda gone PB banana walnut. Voting trump now.

Right. Somehow "tax and spend" or spending money we have is not seeing as fiscal responsibility but cutting taxes for the rich and spending money we don't have is fiscal responsibility.

I don’t think it’s inevitable. If there is a blue wave, Dems will redraw gerrymandered districts. A lot of typical Pub BS in traditional and social media. won’t work anymore. Tea Party type movements won’t be treated as legitimate grassroots organizing. There will be some losses due to normal backlash. But the 2022 senate map is horrible for Republicans. The Dem incumbents are from very blue states and Republicans will be trying to hold swing states and emerging purple states like FL, NC, SC, GA, AZ, WI, IA, and PA.

man i wish i believed any of that

only meant to quote the second post, can't edit now

Shoulda gone PB banana walnut. Voting trump now.

For me it’s the plastic straws. Biden clearly hates turtles and now I am going to have to vote for Trump. Trump has done more for turtles than any president, ever, except maybe Lincoln.

NC legislature redraws state and congressional districts after the census. Just a heads up that things aren't going to markedly change in the NC General Assembly and there will still be gerrymandered districts.

For me it’s the plastic straws. Biden clearly hates turtles and now I am going to have to vote for Trump. Trump has done more for turtles than any president, ever, except maybe Lincoln.

Oh noes... Not the original cast of Hamilton!!!

Trump is really in deep shit now!!

Very debatable. Nixon's dossier.

Presidential resignation
VP Resignation
40 government officials indicted or jailed
Top aides Haldeman & Erlichman resigned and jailed
Legal Counsel Dean resigned and jailed.
AD Mitchell Jailed
Colson, Special Counsel, jailed.
Security Director McCord, jailed.

It was ass ugly.

and then roger ailes created fox news so conservatives wouldn't have to deal with any of this bullshit ruining things again

Back