• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Senate Races

Right. Republicans scream up and down about Democrats favoring immigration to increase the number of Dem voters, but they failed to do something simple to keep millions of Democrats from moving to FL to cast swing state votes.

Not Senate, or House, but this legitimately might be the best ad of the campaign season:

It's easily one of the best ads I've ever seen.

Too many numbers and he sounds smart, that will turn off most Americans

Too many numbers and he sounds smart, that will turn off most Americans

I assume that's Travis County Tejas (Austin suburbs). That's probably the 1 county in TX that would prefer intelligent pols.

Ross has gotten a ton of mud thrown her way but she's also Cate Blanchett unlikable. I'm going to vote for her but even if she wins she'll be a one termer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know Cate but Ive met Ross and she is incredibly unlikeable. Worst lunch of my entire life. Totally unqualified to be a US Senator...

I dont know Cate but Ive met Ross and she is incredibly unlikeable. Worst lunch of my entire life. Totally unqualified to be a US Senator...

Ross isn't going to win. And for some more good news....RCP moved Joe Heck & Kelly Ayotte back into the lead in today's senate race updates. Their "no tossup map" now stands at 52R & 48D.

And I haven't given up on Todd Young yet. Trump has a solid lead in Indiana. Hopefully, he can pull Young across the finish line there.

I assume that's Travis County Tejas (Austin suburbs). That's probably the 1 county in TX that would prefer intelligent pols.

Yep. Looks like he lives in the bougey areas out West. I didn't even know he was my county commissioner because all the controversy here is around our new City Council, public transit and Uber

I'm sure he'll get re-elected. The 'burbs loves shitting on public transit since they don't live in the actual city center and wouldn't directly benefit from it. Maybe they'll start paying attention when their property value goes down due to traffic increasing and the quality of life decreasing because the olds don't want to invest in the future of the city.

yikes

Edit: video was taken down, found a new one.

Last edited:

Kirk was gone from Day One. If your goal is for the Democrats to retake the Senate, you had better forget about Illinois and worry about Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Florida & Indiana. You need to win 3 of those 7 states to get to 50-50 (assuming Hillary wins the presidency).

Gloating about beating Kirk in Illinois is like Trump supporters gloating about winning Texas. If either of those two things doesn't happen the losing party has gone down to defeat across the nation anyway.

Kirk was gone from Day One. If your goal is for the Democrats to retake the Senate, you had better forget about Illinois and worry about Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Florida & Indiana. You need to win 3 of those 7 states to get to 50-50 (assuming Hillary wins the presidency).

Gloating about beating Kirk in Illinois is like Trump supporters gloating about winning Texas. If either of those two things doesn't happen the losing party has gone down to defeat across the nation anyway.

I read that article as saying Kirk mocked the mixed race heritage of a disabled veteran not gloating. I know those jokes probably fly in Randleman but in the rest of the world such a statement is horrific.

You forgot about WI which is in the bag for Dems.

IL & WI in bag for blue team and IN about 75% in the bag. NH, PA, and NV are best of rest pickups. MO is going to be real close and as I have said many times before, Jason Kander has probably run a better campaign than anyone else running for the Senate.

PA, NC, NV, NH, IN and MO polls have all been within a couple of points either way and have been going back and forth. If I had to guess at this point, I'd say PA, NH, NV and IN go Dem and NC and MO go Pub. But yeah, of that group, Kandar is probably the most deserving of a seat.

PA, NC, NV, NH, IN and MO polls have all been within a couple of points either way and have been going back and forth. If I had to guess at this point, I'd say PA, NH, NV and IN go Dem and NC and MO go Pub. But yeah, of that group, Kandar is probably the most deserving of a seat.

I agree except for NH. Think Ayotte pulls that one out.

You forgot WI.

I agree except for NH. Think Ayotte pulls that one out.

I can't see that. Hassan is a darn popular governor and will ride HRC coat tails in what's looking like 5-6 points in NH. It'll be close but think Hassan pulls it out. Ayotte has been wishy washy when it comes to Trump.

Back