• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Looks like it’s between us and the Dolphins.

I’m fine with trading Darnold and 2 first round picks for Watson. I will not be happy if Burns or Chinn are part of the deal.

Hopefully Darnold plays well enough to justify that.

That’s what they’re supposed to say.

I hope there’s a highlight reel of Smitty going off on Slye last night.

Absolutely WRONG. Panthers ARE still interested for sure. As of last night at least.

But as far as picks, it’s my understanding the Texans wants three 1st round picks and two 2nds. Plus player(s).

Last edited:
Absolutely WRONG. Panthers ARE still interested for sure. As of last night at least.

But as far as picks, it’s my understanding the Texans wants three 1st round picks and two 2nds. Plus player(s).

Too much to give.

Way too much. Just based on the last three drafts, that's the equivalent of Horn, Brown, Burns + two of Marshall, Gross-Matos, and Chinn (and Greg Little). Those could be four elite defensive players, one good rush DE, and a good WR plus some other players. Too much.

I saw an article last week that said the Panthers just want Darnold to be a Tannehill. He just needs to complement an elite RB and get the ball to good WRs. From what we saw in the preseason game, that tracks. Darnold didn't do too much and didn't have to. Still needs a better OL though.

The Texans are commanding a massive price for a player who doesn’t want to be here and they might need to cut anyway. Dunno where they think they have leverage.

Only time I watched preseason was first half Friday night. Darnold still has happy feet in the pocket, was a half second late on a few throws and all arm (off platform) on a couple others. I hope he pulls it together, but call me skeptical.

Way too much. Just based on the last three drafts, that's the equivalent of Horn, Brown, Burns + two of Marshall, Gross-Matos, and Chinn (and Greg Little). Those could be four elite defensive players, one good rush DE, and a good WR plus some other players. Too much.

I saw an article last week that said the Panthers just want Darnold to be a Tannehill. He just needs to complement an elite RB and get the ball to good WRs. From what we saw in the preseason game, that tracks. Darnold didn't do too much and didn't have to. Still needs a better OL though.

The complaints about the Panthers checking down too much stems from not being able to block long enough to complete a long route. The QB is taught if there is pressure, check down. Well, that is often the case.

I like Darnold as Tannehill. Don't need him to win the game, just not lose it. Be a game manager..

Not anything serious it seems. Coaches making roster decisions.

Not anything serious it seems. Coaches making roster decisions.

Makes sense. Seems weird to have or need a full practice 24 hours before roster cuts are due 13 days before the first game.

The complaints about the Panthers checking down too much stems from not being able to block long enough to complete a long route. The QB is taught if there is pressure, check down. Well, that is often the case.

I like Darnold as Tannehill. Don't need him to win the game, just not lose it. Be a game manager..

darnold has always been better in a quick hit / fast pace offense

even at USC, his strength was never letting "long" plays develop

he's a gunslinger at his best

Rare to see a player going from the Bills to the Panthers. Happy to keep furthering the Bills-Panthers partnership. I assume that's going to be good for Boogie's playing time.

Surprised we're trading for a DE. I was expecting Fit would get a LB from another roster. I guess that will probably be from waivers.

I imagine that’s all she wrote for Christian Miller. I was hoping he would make the team. I’ve been impressed with his potential since he was drafted.

Yeah, this is a weird move. Fit must really like Johnson and Rhule must really not be impressed with Miller.

Yeah. But spending a 6th round pick on a veteran player is a good move. I certainly hope we're not drafting 11 players every year.

Bam Johnson is a beast on special teams. As the Bills' ST coach has said, it's rare to see a guy that big, that fast coming at you.

I will say that he was a poor pass rusher in previous years and made the Bills strictly on his special teams ability; however, he's grown as a pass rusher and had a very good preseason. It's just a numbers game, and (speaking of the Panthers) Efe Obada's presence simply made Bam a luxury the Bills can't afford.

He's young and athletic, and on a good contract. Good move for the Panthers.

Back