• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Fuck no. Randall Cunningham isn’t in, and he was a little more decorated.

Cam won an MVP (Cunningham won 0)
Cam made a SB (Cunningham didn’t)
Cunningham is 5-7 in the playoffs (Cam is 3-4)
Both made 1st Team All-Pro once

By the stats, Cam beats him.

Cunningham threw for 29,979 yards, 207 TDs, and 134 INTs for an 81.5 passer rating. He rushed for 4,928 yards and 35 TDs giving him 242 total TDs over 16 seasons

Cam threw for 32,322 yards, 194 TDs, and 122 INTs for an 85.3 passer rating. He rushed for 5,581 yards and 75 TDs giving him 269 total TDs over 10 seasons

Cam won an MVP (Cunningham won 0)
Cam made a SB (Cunningham didn’t)
Cunningham is 5-7 in the playoffs (Cam is 3-4)
Both made 1st Team All-Pro once

By the stats, Cam beats him.

Cunningham threw for 29,979 yards, 207 TDs, and 134 INTs for an 81.5 passer rating. He rushed for 4,928 yards and 35 TDs giving him 242 total TDs over 16 seasons

Cam threw for 32,322 yards, 194 TDs, and 122 INTs for an 85.3 passer rating. He rushed for 5,581 yards and 75 TDs giving him 269 total TDs over 10 seasons

lol pwned

Of course he beats him by counting stats, ever dog throws for more yards now. Cunningham had 3 all-pro seasons and 4 pro bowls. Newton had 1 alll pro season and 3 pro bowls. That’s the shit voters look at.

He ain’t getting in.

Of course he beats him by counting stats, ever dog throws for more yards now. Cunningham had 3 all-pro seasons and 4 pro bowls. Newton had 1 alll pro season and 3 pro bowls. That’s the shit voters look at.

He ain’t getting in.

Cam holds the record for rushing TDs by a QB for a career and in a season. Cunningham holds exactly zero records of any kind. There are going to be a lot of QBs from his generation going into the HOF but his unique skill set makes him a lock.

Love me some Cam, but don’t see it happening. One great year ya, but really rough end to the career. Plus I’m sure your average HOF voter will pass because he was “too expressive” or some other casually racist bullshit.

Cam holds the record for rushing TDs by a QB for a career and in a season. Cunningham holds exactly zero records of any kind. There are going to be a lot of QBs from his generation going into the HOF but his unique skill set makes him a lock.

I’d be willing to bet you are wrong, but making a bet with a 5 year (at least) wait time is stupid.

So I’ll just have the quiet satisfaction of knowing I am right and you are wrong.

And as an FYI, I hope he does make it. He was my oldest’s favorite player for a while.

Love me some Cam, but don’t see it happening. One great year ya, but really rough end to the career. Plus I’m sure your average HOF voter will pass because he was “too expressive” or some other casually racist bullshit.

I wouldn't vote Cam in because he didn't have the necessary longevity of great play for the QB position. He said football has been good to him, but I'd argue otherwise. The zebras let opponents beat the crap out of him whereas breathing on Brady is 15 yards. And that shoulder injury basically ended his career early - he can still run and is in great shape, but that ruined his throwing motion. I also wouldn't vote in Eli or Rivers and wouldn't have voted Stabler in. Too many QBs who were never top 3-4 QBs when they played get in.

Who are the QBs from Cam’s generation going to the hall besides Russ? Here is the list of QBs who started multiple games this year and were drafted within 3 years of Cam (2008-14):

Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Ryan Tannehill
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles
Kirk Cousins
Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr
Jimmy Garoppollo

How many MVPs are not in the hall (not counting active players)? Seems like Ryan is a lock in addition to Russ.

Who are the QBs from Cam’s generation going to the hall besides Russ? Here is the list of QBs who started multiple games this year and were drafted within 3 years of Cam (2008-14):

Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Ryan Tannehill
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles
Kirk Cousins
Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr
Jimmy Garoppollo

I’m using the term “generation” broadly. Basically guys he played against during his career, which includes potentially ten future HOFers.

Brady
Rodgers
Wilson
Cam
Ryan
Ben
Eli
Mahomes
Brees

I’m sure there are some I could be forgetting and guys like Herbert and Allen could get in but it’s early.

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Early draft talk?

That’s broader than actual generations. Cam is a millennial. Brady, Brees, Eli are Gen X. Mahomes is young millennial but Lamar Jackson is the first Gen Z NFL QB.

There aren’t going to be that many millennial HOFs after Rogers and Big Ben aside from Russ, Mahomes, and maybe Ryan.

I’m using the term “generation” broadly. Basically guys he played against during his career, which includes potentially ten future HOFers.

Brady
Rodgers
Wilson
Cam
Ryan
Ben
Eli
Mahomes
Brees

I’m sure there are some I could be forgetting and guys like Herbert and Allen could get in but it’s early.

Out of that list, I'd only vote for Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Ben, Mahomes and Brees.

Players sent home today because of a breakout of positive COVID tests.

Saints game flexed to 4:25 on Sunday.

Unfortunaely sCam will be a hall of famer. He will get in because of his rushing stats. There are many players that I don't believe belong in the hall of fame but it has become like the Rock & Roll HOF. It would be apropo if Cam would acknolwledge that he stole 75+ touchdowns from JStew and DWill in his speech but I am almost certain he will not.

FOX moved Rams-Ravens to 1:00, so they moved this game to 4:25. I don’t really get it.

Back