• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/panthe...art-over-cam-newton-in-week-17-201228307.html

"Sam has been working hard to get back," Rhule said about Darnold on Wednesday via ESPN. "I thought he did some good things last week. ... We're going to give him this opportunity to show what he can do."

Looks like Rhule is done with Cam and seeing if there is any value in Darnold....any at all. I think we know the answer though.

Also, Panthers cut Matt Barkley.

Cam is the most gifted player to ever play for the Panthers. With an offensive line, there is no telling how successful he would have been. That being said, he is far from the player that he once was and is no longer a starting quarterback in the NFL. That’s not to say Darnold is, as he surely hasn’t shown anything, but Cam’s last four games proves he doesn’t have it to be a starting QB any longer. He is 45-95 (47.4%) with 1 TD and 5 INT in those games. I’m thrilled he is ending his career as a Panther, but we have to admit that that is what this is, the end of his career.

Someone said it and I think it has some validity, I believe this is argyle hoping Darnold will show something so he has some trade value. And as hard as it is to admit it, I feel Darnold gives the team a better chance to win as a QB right now. LetM’s hope he does show some value so he can be traded for someone of value.

The Panthers must draft Aidan O'Connell and Herndon Hooker and let them continue their battle in training camp.

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Cam retiring? HOF prospects.

Charlotte area HS legend Sam Howell declared for the draft.

Seems like a win-win to draft him. Either he’s good or we watch him get killed behind this OL.

Sam Howell is the most overrated QB in recent history.

Yeah, I don't think either he or Ridder are anything to write home about and wouldn't waste an early 2nd on them. I haven't seen the Nevada kid.

In other QB news, Corral hurt his knee yesterday. If I were a kid with a day 1 or 2 projection, ain't no way I'd play in a bowl that wasn't the final 4.

Trubisky wasn’t even a notable player at UNC.

Trubisky wasn’t even a notable player at UNC.

Ryan Pace once disagreed with you. And actually, Trubisky looked pretty darn decent this past preseason with Buffalo. I'd be interested to see what he looks like for them if Allen misses any time next year. I just couldn't believe Watson didn't go #1 or 2 overall after he lit up Bama's incredible D 2 years in a row.

Ryan Pace once disagreed with you. And actually, Trubisky looked pretty darn decent this past preseason with Buffalo. I'd be interested to see what he looks like for them if Allen misses any time next year. I just couldn't believe Watson didn't go #1 or 2 overall after he lit up Bama's incredible D 2 years in a row.

No Ph is right. And you’re gonna cite the guy who chose Trubisky over Mahomes or Watson?

Yeah, I don't think either he or Ridder are anything to write home about and wouldn't waste an early 2nd on them. I haven't seen the Nevada kid.

In other QB news, Corral hurt his knee yesterday. If I were a kid with a day 1 or 2 projection, ain't no way I'd play in a bowl that wasn't the final 4.

Mortansen saying it’s his ankle and MRI w today will confirm extent of injury. He also always a couple of GMs have told him that there will be no effect on his draft status as a result.

In other QB news, Corral hurt his knee yesterday. If I were a kid with a day 1 or 2 projection, ain't no way I'd play in a bowl that wasn't the final 4.[/

How soon before we start to see players opt out of the final few games? I see it coming clear as day. Once you’re established as a high first rounder there’s no real good reason to keep playing. Someone like Thibodeaux.

It’s a weird dynamic because you read about GMs miffed when draft prospects give interview answers about having other interests outside of training and eating tape 24/7. That they might not be 100% focused on football, therefore not worthy of a pic.

It’s a weird dynamic because you read about GMs miffed when draft prospects give interview answers about having other interests outside of training and eating tape 24/7. That they might not be 100% focused on football, therefore not worthy of a pic.

Pick

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Cam retiring? HOF prospects.

Panthers start this week at 5-10 tied with the Seahawks and Bears for the #6 pick and behind the 4 win Jets, Texans, and Giants.

The Bears are beating the Giants which would take the Bears out of the tie and mean that we can’t pass the Giants.

The Jets are upsetting the Bucs. If that holds, we move into a tie with the Jets for the #5 pick if the Seahawks beat the Lions and Texans lose to the Niners.

It’s not weird. Seems like GMs see opting out in order to train and “eat tape” 24/7 as being 100% focused on football but playing a bowl game as not being as focused.

Clearly someone is telling guys to opt out. Agents, NFL personnel, somebody.

Last edited:
Back