• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

He's just so stupid. I attribute everything he does to that. I'm waiting for someone on CNN to finally just say it.

I don’t know what the motive is but it really doesn’t matter.

This. He kept them because it allows him to cling to his facade of power and self importance. He literally couldn't cope with the idea of not being in on the inside info.

Reminds me of some people I know.

PM please

:cam:

I don’t know what the motive is but it really doesn’t matter.

It matters because motive is important. Understanding motive leads investigators to other crimes and other bad actors. It’s at the crux of any crime.

It matters because motive is important. Understanding motive leads investigators to other crimes and other bad actors. It’s at the crux of any crime.

He should be punished severely regardless.

He should be punished severely regardless.

Punishment should be meted regardless of motive?

nah, establish more than "he's just a dumb guy waving his dick around at parties" and I'd like to think you get a better punishment. But yeah I hear ya, this dickhead ain't getting shit because we are a nation of shitheads who defer to wealthy white dudes pretty much no matter what

Punishment should be meted regardless of motive?

nah, establish more than "he's just a dumb guy waving his dick around at parties" and I'd like to think you get a better punishment. But yeah I hear ya, this dickhead ain't getting shit because we are a nation of shitheads who defer to wealthy white dudes pretty much no matter what

Counterpoint: None.

Wow. I’m amazed that people believe this is just out of stupidity or bravado.

This is just as far as Trump is concerned. He's an idiot, or more specifically a useful idiot for just about all of the worst people in our country. I don't doubt some of the garbage humans in his orbit either orchestrated, leveraged, planned some kind of use for this stuff, or were just straight up grifting on it. Same general approach as the stolen election crap - he just clings to some idea a moron would get tricked by then the door is open for all kinds of trash to take advantage of it.

He's the worst kind of idiot. One who is convinced he it the smartest person in the room and with the resources to propagate the veracity of his positions.

Were the shoe on the other foot and the Pubs were in power, their AG wouldn't fuck around and they would have hung/shot the offender by now.

Why do the Dems have to be such pussies?

Judge ordered a release of the redacted affidavit by noon tomorrow. DOJ can appeal.

I just read the entire affidavit, save the substantial redacted bits.

My going theory, based solely on the context of passages adjacent to the expurgated sections, was that Trump was taking notes on classified documents about what he wanted to do with them. Like "sell to Russia" or "use to negotiate with saudis".

There were multiple references in the affidavit to Trump's handwritten notes on documents.

It seems clear to me that at least the first fifteen boxes, but probably all of them, were simply the souvenirs Trump felt like taking away: a mixture of newspaper clippings, magazine articles, and national defense information.

So you think Trump was writing notes on top secret classified documents about what he wanted to do with them?

If true, that's next level criminal.

So you think Trump was writing notes on top secret classified documents about what he wanted to do with them?

If true, that's next level criminal.
Totally wild speculation on my part. But there were often lengthy, redacted sections following (but not immediately after) references to Trump's handwriting on documents.

Here's an example, though the fact that the document moves on to a different subcategory doesn't support that theory. Screenshot_20220826-143859.jpg

I suspect some of the redacted material refers to people other than Trump who could be criminally implicated in the removal and storage of the documents

Back