• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

Would love to see that guy's bank accounts and if any money was transferred to him.

The only reason that what Cruz did and said in the lead up to the attempted coup doesn’t seem that bad is because Trump, Mo Brooks, Gulliani, etc were so much worse. Sure he didn’t say “someone should really kill AOC.” but he did lie repeatedly and fan the flames of growing delusional outrage over the November election. Further Cruz continued the charade after the riot, officially object in congress even when crazy people like Loefler apologized and voted to certify the election. I dont think he has ever exhibited any amount of contrition over his words and actions.

I don’t really know where she was or how close she was to being caught by the rioters in the capital on January 6th, but there is no doubt if they had caught her, they would have at a minimum injured her. To say that the may not have recognized her is pretty disingenuous when she has been enemy #1 of conservatives since 2018. Someone would have recognized her and they definitely would have attacked her and probably killed her. I get that people want to move past this incredibly embarrassing and damaging episode in our nation’s recent history. But people really need to stop down playing the seriousness of what happened, and how lucky we are that the security protected all of our law makers. I also think that before you can demand that Democrats be the grown ups in the room and work for unity and forgiveness, we need to see a few republicans step forward and apologize for their roll in the attempted coup by Donald Trump.

And if insurrectionists killed AOC, Cruz and other Republican leaders would pretend to be troubled for a few hours until the killer was found and heralded as a conservative hero just like killer cops, Kyle Rittenhouse, etc.

Don't recall which dem rep it was but not long after the insurrection he was interviewed and said that several gop members kept telling him (paraphrased) he really needed to hide and be out of sight. They could probably talk their way out with "their" followers but he was in real danger.

The gop knows what happened. They understand their part in it. They just know that after 30k+ demonstrable lies by trump, 4+ years of constantly lowering the bar for his behavior, if they wait long enough much of America will forget or just move on. it's amazing that the new low bar for POTUS is cheering on insurrection and trying to throw out state's certified election results with no repercussions. What's next? We know with trump he keeps finding new rock bottoms while continuing to dig.

Tough shit for the GOP. It's long past time for Democrats to start calling out Republicans for all the crap they've been saying and tweeting for the past four years. Cruz's statements and that of a number of Congressional Republicans did put their colleague's lives in danger, including that of some fellow Republicans, like Pence. It's been repeated many times since 1/6 that the reason some Congressional Republicans wouldn't vote for impeachment in the House was because they feared for their and their family's safety if they did so. There are House Republicans like Greene and Boebert who have said plenty of incendiary things about Democrats, so it's little wonder that a number of Congressional Democrats would also be worried about their safety. As a prominent GOP target (Tucker Carlson, among many others, loves to rail against her) AOC is more than justified to worry about her own safety. There ought to be no doubt - none - that if that mob had gotten their hands on her she would be dead, period (and so would the entire "Squad", Pelosi, Pence, Romney, and no doubt other opponents of Dear Leader.) She doesn't owe Cruz any apology, because in essence she simply spoke the truth - Cruz and others of his ilk incited the insurrection, and had it succeeded she would now be dead. Maybe Congressional Republicans should be looking in the mirror and wondering how they created this monster they're now afraid of themselves. But no, let's play the victim and blame the people the mob was trying to kill or injure. What right do they have to protest my actions or call me out, dammit?

Last edited:
I dunno man. AOC could have just not said anything. Cruz called bull shit on the election. He didn't tell anyone to storm to capitol.

Saying nothing is part of what got us to this dangerous point. You are offering up some seriously awful takes.

Last edited:
People were publicly planning violence on Jan 6 and Cruz spoke to them.

The Republicans have been pandering to gun nuts and glorifying guns for years. They use the second amendment as a political weapon, encouraging armed militias to be ready to protect themselves from a tyrannical government. Now Republican politicians are telling the gun nuts that the democrats are stealing their freedom, election and democracy.
The end result of that is obvious. Those that have participated in that are evil and culpable. Those that allow it by remaining silent are culpable.
Anyone criticizing AOC for calling it out (and not unifying with it) can fuck right off.

Thats why we need unity now more than ever. Please, for peace, just move on from our first insurrection attempt. We need a little time to plan the second attempt. Get some leadership on this other than rudy, the don's, mtg, etc.

For close to thirty years on Wake boards, I've been told I was an alarmist, a fool and worse for saying the nation was moving towards the events of January 6. The FBI, state and local governments have known about this for decades and have done little about it.

We need a 21st century Kerry Noble to help destroy Q, the militia, etc, Kerry was sort of the grandfather of all of this. Had he not had a literal epiphany and turned to help protect our nation, it's likely actions that made the attack on the Capitol look tame.

Kerry was the leader of the worst of all groups, the CSA (The Covenant, the Sword and the Arm of the lord). Kerry personally trained American terrorist groups like The Posse Comitatus, the Order, the Freeman and others. Ten years to the day of Timothy McVeigh blowing up the Murrah Building in OKC, Kerry, racist cop killer Wayne Snell and two other CSA members were on their way to blow it up. Only car trouble stopped that from happening. The CSA had dozens of fifty-five gallon drums of arsenic they were planning to use to poison water systems in cities the CSA thought were harming our nation.

The CSA's goal was to start a second civil war. That's what Trump, Q and militias are still trying to do. Had Kerry not gone to a Unitarian Church in KC to blow it up, our nation's history would be vastly different. Kerry went there to blow it up for supporting gays and people of color. Kerry was in a pew listening to the sermon with a backpack filled with dynamite and a timer he had planned to leave and blow up the building and everyone in it. We all talk about epiphanies, but he had one. He had been a pastor before turning into a terrorist. He realized their sermon was exactly like he had given and what he was doing was wrong.

From that day on, he helped the government stop the CSA and affiliated groups. The Aryan Nation's Tom Metzger and other groups put a $250,000 bounty on Kerry's head , but he didn't hide. He didn't even sell his house or move. Hell, Metzger threatened my life three times for helping Kerry with his book and his book tour.

It's decades late, but maybe the government will start taking these violent traitors and their groups seriously. We need to get a new Kerry Noble to turn, We need to put the people from Jan. 6 in jail for long terms. I may sound like a broken record again, but we need a groundswell to take these people seriously and take them down anyway we can.

They aren't playing and it's easier than ever to foment hate and violence. We don't have the luxury of time.

"Fed. prosecutors & agents felt pressure to uncover a left-wing extremist plot that never materialized. Meanwhile, the F.B.I., in particular, had increasingly expressed concern about the threat from white supremacists."

It's GOP Projection used as law enforcement policy, apparently. The actual evidence indicates that white supremacist/nationalist right-wing groups are becoming a serious threat, but let's ignore that and insist that the Radical Left are an even greater threat, despite the lack of evidence. "Forget about what our side is actually doing, I'm telling you they must be doing something even worse!"

Back