• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

And some of those investigations may lead up to elected officials or their staff. Got to tread lightly.

Adding to the confusion, and not ignoring the points above, was a decision(s) somewhere that had fewer law enforcement available to arrest people in the act. In this case they were actually "in the act" of committing insurrection and other crimes. Now do last summer when 99.9% of protests were safe and calm... then police arrived.

And some of those investigations may lead up to elected officials or their staff. Got to tread lightly.

Please; only 212 in 4 weeks? I’m not as cynical as others but c’mon they have to have hundreds working on this.
No excuses; they should have 1,000 of those bastards locked by now.

I think the estimate is 800.

Please; only 212 in 4 weeks? I’m not as cynical as others but c’mon they have to have hundreds working on this.
No excuses; they should have 1,000 of those bastards locked by now.

Maybe the government isn't the super-force, omnipresent overlord that I have been told it is.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only criminal behavior would be associated with assaulting police officers or others or breaching/attempting to breach the capitol property. So you could be a member of the mob generally, but if you didn't take part in either of those things, you're not going to be prosecuted for just being part of the mob on the mall.

I think the estimate is 800.

And I would guess that a very large percentage won't be charged with anything more serious than trespassing.

Get the bad guys -- the murderers, vandals, and looters; and make examples of them.

And I would guess that a very large percentage won't be charged with anything more serious than trespassing.

Get the bad guys -- the murderers, vandals, and looters; and make examples of them.

No, if you made it inside the capitol, you're going to be charged with a lot more than trespassing. I'm not sure the exact charge, but any of those folks are looking at multiple years.

No, if you made it inside the capitol, you're going to be charged with a lot more than trespassing. I'm not sure the exact charge, but any of those folks are looking at multiple years.

If you did anything pre mediated prior to day of the rally or had a weapon on you in the capital, I say you get 20-30 + years or maybe life

If you did anything pre mediated prior to day of the rally or had a weapon on you in the capital, I say you get 20-30 + years or maybe life

As for weapons, everyone was wearing winter gear, so unless they were caught on tape brandishing, as a practical matter, you're not going to catch those folks. My 1st thought when you said pre-meditated was that who would have been stupid enough to reduce plans to writing. But then again we caught folks like Elizabeth from Knoxville admitting to criminal behavior on tape. So I guess that's more possible than I would have thought. So maybe they will be able to identify folks from 4chan, 8chan or whatever dark message boards are out there.

How about the Civil War January 6 shirts? Is that pre-meditation?

Another factor is that the Justice Department does not have Senate confirmed leadership.

[h=1]She Lived Through the Capitol Attack. Now This GOP Staffer Is Calling Out Her Friends’ Conspiracies.[/h]https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvxbqm/she-lived-through-the-capitol-attack-now-this-gop-staffer-is-calling-out-her-friends-conspiracies

Before she left the office, Shedd posted on Facebook to let her friends know she was safe—and to put on notice the GOP lawmakers who were preparing to vote against certifying the election results.
"To those Members who supported this farce, I hope you seriously look at what happened today. Your words and your actions have consequences. And the violence we have seen today is what happens when people in power purposefully mislead the public,” she warned.

But she’s frustrated she’s not making more progress. A lot of the conversations, she said, have been like “beating my head against a wall.” At one point she wrote a three-page email debunking a series of false claims about the election only to have her friend respond with other disinformation. Half of the conversations have been about the election itself, which she thinks Trump lost fair and square, and she’s said they’ve gone nowhere. Few care when she points out her extensive personal experience on campaigns and in government.
“That has been less impactful, in my experience, than saying I was here on Jan. 6, I was personally afraid, I was afraid for myself and my co-workers, and go to work every day in what now looks like a prison with barbed-wire fencing because of this.’ Having them know I was a part of that and them having fear for me has been more powerful at least when talking about Jan. 6 issues than me saying I’m a Republican too,” she said. “That hasn’t been nearly as effective as I thought it would be.”
Two of Shedd’s three friends who’d floated conspiracies on the day of the attacks apologized, but she’s not sure if it was because they realized they were being insensitive or because they accepted they were wrong.
She thinks a lot of people simply won’t accept that Trump lost, no matter what, and that it goes deeper than QAnon or Trump’s falsehoods about massive voter fraud or even problems with social media. She thinks that their basic distrust for institutions—especially the media and the government—has primed them to reject any trustworthy evidence.
Maybe it’s too late to convince some of her friends to check multiple news sites, to cross-reference information, to use basic logic before reposting conspiracies. But she’s going to keep trying.

[h=1]She Lived Through the Capitol Attack. Now This GOP Staffer Is Calling Out Her Friends’ Conspiracies.[/h]https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvxbqm/she-lived-through-the-capitol-attack-now-this-gop-staffer-is-calling-out-her-friends-conspiracies

She needs better friends

Back