• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Football Coaching Carousel

Lincoln Riley took 3 of their best players with him to USC. Including a Heisman candidate. I think there were numerous transfers that left for other schools. Venables was left in a bad spot. The media ranked them off of their name.
Caleb and Mario Williams were starters. The third guy, McCutchin, hardly played in garbage time and complained relentlessly about the coaching staff not playing him...then followed them to USC where he still doesn't get playing time.

Venables may be the answer for OU. But any adult who has that little self control needs to learn how to manage himself before he can manage others. That may work as an assistant but not as the head coach
I'm guessing you haven't watched him at OU as head coach. He looks like he's had a few valium on the sideline and is not in need of a get back coach at all. He just scribbles all the fuck-up plays into his note pad. Maybe that's the problem-- too hands-off with the D. Ted Roof obviously isn't going to turn anybody into world beaters by himself.

Former UNC soccer player. His background was in fund-raising. Worked at UNC, William and Maryland and ECU before Bama.

Wake has its challenges and is certainly not easy but I can only imagine how difficult the Ga Tech AD job must be. You're in a highly transient, professional sports town and the local college fans you do have all pull for either UGA, Bama or Tennessee or [Fill in Team Name Here].

Former UNC soccer player. His background was in fund-raising. Worked at UNC, William and Maryland and ECU before Bama.

Ah yes. You read the link as well.

Wake has its challenges and is certainly not easy but I can only imagine how difficult the Ga Tech AD job must be. You're in a highly transient, professional sports town and the local college fans you do have all pull for either UGA, Bama or Tennessee or [Fill in Team Name Here].
Atlanta is a college football town, through and through. And particularly an SEC town. There are a ton more people here who care about their Dawgs (or Tide, War Damn Eagle, etc.) than the Falcons. But your point stands - almost no one cares about Tech.

Will Healy fired at Charlotte after a 1-7 start. He's probably wishing he had pursued other jobs a little more vigorously last offseason.

Healy Out

The Athletic has Gattis as a candidate for the Charlotte job if he wants to come back to NC. He may need a way out of Miami.

The Athletic has Gattis as a candidate for the Charlotte job if he wants to come back to NC. He may need a way out of Miami.

Did Gattis get a little too far over his skis? It kinda feels that way. He worked his way up to top jobs very quickly. Almost too quickly.

My man Clayton White apparently in the mix. He's one of the very good ones. A terrific guy

The Charlotte job is a dead end. I hope for his sake Josh doesn't take it.
I dunno about that, decent amount of talent in the local area, probably also would get some bandwagoner jumpers in the QC if they can get good.

They just need to hire a coach with a track record -- Lambert was a random-ass hire, and while Healy did turn Austin Peay around he hadn't shown enough to get that job

Has it been mentioned that Will Healy was Clawson's QB at Richmond?

I wonder if Clawson wants to start up his own coaching rehab program and hire Healy as an analyst.

Has it been mentioned that Will Healy was Clawson's QB at Richmond?

I wonder if Clawson wants to start up his own coaching rehab program and hire Healy as an analyst.
You never know, but it’s important to remember that is seemingly difficult for the big tv contract teams like Alabama to spend all their money unless they are overpaying and firing new HCs

You never know, but it’s important to remember that is seemingly difficult for the big tv contract teams like Alabama to spend all their money unless they are overpaying and firing new HCs
Auburn says hold my beer

Healy found out over Twitter that he was being fired.

Will Healy fired at Charlotte after a 1-7 start. He's probably wishing he had pursued other jobs a little more vigorously last offseason.

Healy Out
Mike Minter has been getting alot of press about his recruiting prowess recently, even if that isn't translating into wins. He would seem a natural fit in Charlotte.

Back