• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Football Coaching Carousel

Pretty sweet deal for him depending on what the buyout looks like. Drives up the price for potential suitors and he can probably stay at Liberty for the rest of his career locked in at making P5 money.

All that matters is the buy-out. Probably a better gig for him vs. dealing with Auburn fans that expect to win 11 games.

The best-coached team against WF this season.

wonder if Auburn had put out feelers and he wasn't interested, or wasn't interested at the price they wanted him for

Or was very interested and told Liberty to match it or he's gone.
If matching Auburn is $5M per year, then Auburn has no interest in winning. You have that stupid sec contract money, what is you doing?

If matching Auburn is $5M per year, then Auburn has no interest in winning. You have that stupid sec contract money, what is you doing?
I think Harsin is only making like $5mm base right now. Agreed that they need to up the ante if they're serious about this, but I could imagine the Liberty extension with incentives being worth more than what Auburn offered, especially since the rebuilding work probably takes a bunch of short term incentives off the table.

Would be curious to know the source of the money for that contract. As an independent, Liberty receives less than TV money than many if not most Group of Five programs (and nothing close to the amount that any Power V program gets from TV). Their stadium seats 25K. They don't have a huge following. This isn't like an SEC school or even a Pac 12 school signing a coach to big long term contract. Coastal Carolina and App State have raised their profile, they get decent money from the Sun Belt, but neither is shelling out anything close to $40 million to keep their coach.

I went looking online to see what Liberty's enrollment is and wait, what? Ok, back out the 40,000 military students and Liberty has 90,000 other students?

Charge each student $40 per year and pay the $5 million for Freeze's contract

Enrollment​

• Total enrollment exceeds 130,000
  • Over 40,000 military students
  • Over 700 international students

I went looking online to see what Liberty's enrollment is and wait, what? Ok, back out the 40,000 military students and Liberty has 90,000 other students?

Charge each student $40 per year and pay the $5 million for Freeze's contract

Most of their students are online only, probably not wanting to pay for an on campus activity fee.

Would be curious to know the source of the money for that contract. As an independent, Liberty receives less than TV money than many if not most Group of Five programs (and nothing close to the amount that any Power V program gets from TV). Their stadium seats 25K. They don't have a huge following. This isn't like an SEC school or even a Pac 12 school signing a coach to big long term contract. Coastal Carolina and App State have raised their profile, they get decent money from the Sun Belt, but neither is shelling out anything close to $40 million to keep their coach.
This might be a really dumb question, but can you fund a contract like this with debt? I could imagine a situation where the math works out to where the value of retaining him exceeds the cost of his salary plus the debt service, but I also have zero idea if this is the type of thing you could get a loan for. It would also require a buyout that probably far exceeds the total contract and obviously has substantial risk if he tanks the program.

But they probably have to pay assorted online fees.

The U.S. military has 1.35 million people and 40,000 (3%) of them are taking classes from Liberty?

Back