• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Football Coaching Carousel

For those that followed Gattis, would you consider him a very good O coordinator or did he just reach that by being a great position coach/recruiter?

Matt Ruhle is going to arbitration over his remaining payments from the Panthers. His contact with Nebraska is back loaded and incentive laden so it doesn't offset much of the Panthers money.

Saw that Saban is prioritizing Tommy Rees as an OC candidate (is he even good?). Anyway relevant to Hartman if he moves on.

Strong rumors that Toledo HC Jason Candle is going to be the new OC at Miami.

Call me old-fashioned, but I think it's really bad for the sport if successful G5 HCs are taking P5 OC jobs.

Strong rumors that Toledo HC Jason Candle is going to be the new OC at Miami.

Call me old-fashioned, but I think it's really bad for the sport if successful G5 HCs are taking P5 OC jobs.

Would seem that it would be better if coaches were going the other way. From P5 coordinator to G5 head coaching jobs.

Pretty underwhelming coordinator hires for Alabama this cycle with Rees and Kevin Steele as DC.

Pretty underwhelming coordinator hires for Alabama this cycle with Rees and Kevin Steele as DC.
Could the Kevin Steele hire be an over reaction to two Iron Bowl losses to Auburn while Steele was DC at Auburn?

I think the Brian Kelly and Tommy Rees hires say a lot about Notre Dame's place in college football these days. Kelly tried to bring Rees to LSU with him last year but Rees declined and got a better job.

I think these moves tells us Saban knows he’s in for a legitimate fight for SEC supremacy. Yes, he has lost to teams in the past like LSU and Auburn, but he never felt threatened. Saban now knows the SEC will no longer be handed to him while he coasts. He will have to work his ass off to stop Kirby, and these two hires show he is taking Kirby serious. Otherwise Saban would have gone back to the “rehab” coordinator method where mere talent would win him games.

I think these moves tells us Saban knows he’s in for a legitimate fight for SEC supremacy. Yes, he has lost to teams in the past like LSU and Auburn, but he never felt threatened. Saban now knows the SEC will no longer be handed to him while he coasts. He will have to work his ass off to stop Kirby, and these two hires show he is taking Kirby serious. Otherwise Saban would have gone back to the “rehab” coordinator method where mere talent would win him games.
??

I wouldn't think the Kevin Steele was any better than Saban's second or third choice, probably after Glenn Schumann and Jeremy Pruitt. Would have been hilarious if they fired their DC and wound up replacing him with Todd Grantham, which was rumored.

For those that followed Gattis, would you consider him a very good O coordinator or did he just reach that by being a great position coach/recruiter?
Not a good O coordinator. He basically got a boost from being at Alabama. At Michigan, he talked about speed in space but the offense was pretty bad under him and has since been a lot better. The offense was not good at Miami.

Not a good O coordinator. He basically got a boost from being at Alabama. At Michigan, he talked about speed in space but the offense was pretty bad under him and has since been a lot better. The offense was not good at Miami.

So McCaffrey's a better QB than Patterson, Milton, and McNamara ? I don't think you'll get much argument there.

Back