• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Football Coaching Carousel

I have only one high-level source at Wake and they are not worried that Clawson is leaving. Stanford isn’t as good of a job as Wake right now. Think about that. If Clawson were 10-15 years younger, maybe he would go and try and rebuild Stanford but they’re a hot mess and not ready for today’s world of college sports.

Plus the PAC12 is imploding.

For the same reason, I don't think Deion touches the Colorado job, except that they're far more likely to land on their feet in the Big 12.

I asked my BIL who went to USC (the real one) if, aside from all the financial stuff, he was actually excited about playing the likes of Indiana, Rutgers, Iowa, etc, and he said yes but I just cannot fathom that as a fan from the West Coast. I would not be thrilled if Wake joined, say, the Big 12 and all of the sudden our "rivals" were Iowa State, Texas Tech, and Kansas State.

I asked my BIL who went to USC (the real one) if, aside from all the financial stuff, he was actually excited about playing the likes of Indiana, Rutgers, Iowa, etc, and he said yes but I just cannot fathom that as a fan from the West Coast. I would not be thrilled if Wake joined, say, the Big 12 and all of the sudden our "rivals" were Iowa State, Texas Tech, and Kansas State.
It would be exciting for a couple years because the opponents are new. Same way we like playing new OOC opponents. After that it will blow.

It would be exciting for a couple years because the opponents are new. Same way we like playing new OOC opponents. After that it will blow.

Yeah, and we'd get super pumped up for a home-and-home against a team in our backyard like Va Tech.

To paraphrase Clinton, there's nothing wrong with the Stanford job that can't be fixed by what is right about the Stanford job. If Stanford is interested in Clawson, I believe he'll consider it. Stanford is just on another level in terms of money, influence, prestige, etc.

Would seem to me that Coastal would be a better job than Liberty, but maybe Liberty has "Big Religion" money that makes up the difference.

Liberty is moving to CUSA. I’d think a Chadwell can get a P5 job though.

Wait FAU has a sponsor / naming for their head football coach? "Hagerty Family Head Football Coach"

That's........ different

Would seem to me that Coastal would be a better job than Liberty, but maybe Liberty has "Big Religion" money that makes up the difference.
Chadwell is making about $1million/year at Coastal. Liberty's recent Freeze extension was for nearly $5million/year. Safe to say he's in for a sizable raise by making this move.

Chadwell is making about $1million/year at Coastal. Liberty's recent Freeze extension was for nearly $5million/year. Safe to say he's in for a sizable raise by making this move.
Liberty was going to pay Freeze $5 million because they knew SEC schools were going to come calling. Chadwell doesn't have the same leverage, but understand Liberty will pay more.

That said, Coastal is in a better football conference, and the SC beach is way better than living in Lynchburg, VA. If Chadwell's goal is to coach in a Power Conference, is it easier to get there from Liberty or Coastal? Freeze just got the Auburn job, but that was largely based on his success at Ole Miss.

perhaps he will be called to the position

I cannot believe Tom Herman's stock is that low.

But I guess you have to start re-climbing the ladder somewhere.

At Texas, Herman had 4 winning seasons and 4 bowl wins in 4 years after Strong had 3 losing seasons.

I cannot believe Tom Herman's stock is that low.

But I guess you have to start re-climbing the ladder somewhere.

At Texas, Herman had 4 winning seasons and 4 bowl wins in 4 years after Strong had 3 losing seasons.
guess he's hoping to go the Lane route and have some successful years between the Texas job and whatever his next big one is

Back