• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (what a shitty end. fuck duke.)

I'll guess Wake #14 in both polls. Alabama and Tenn switch places. Ole Miss #7, TCU #8, UCLA #9, Oregon #10, USC #11, OK St #12, #13 Cuse, #14 Wake, #15 Penn State.

I'll guess Wake #14 in both polls. Alabama and Tenn switch places. Ole Miss #7, TCU #8, UCLA #9, Oregon #10, USC #11, OK St #12, #13 Cuse, #14 Wake, #15 Penn State.

I see us at #13 and Cuse at #14 but an argument can certainly be made they're undefeated. Also, I think Penn State's loss moves several of us up one spot. These are all good problems to have.

I see us at #13 and Cuse at #14 but an argument can certainly be made they're undefeated. Also, I think Penn State's loss moves several of us up one spot. These are all good problems to have.
Cuse's ranking will work itself out next week vs. Clemson so that would mean moving up to #13.

I think we move up if UCLA beats Oregon, maybe if Oregon beats UCLA by a considerable margin.

Other chances are K-St beating TCU, LSU beating Ole Miss, and Texas beating Ok State.

1973 season opener. Wake won 9-7 for it's only win that season (also a tie vs. Duke), and FSU went 0-11. Does anyone remember if that was 3 field goals (instead of TD/safety), and if so who the kicker was? I'm thinking it may have been AA punter Chuck Ramsey, but I may be confusing that with Ramsey being initially recruited as a QB, and our starting QB being Bill Armstrong, who eventually switched to LB and became an All-American.
Armstrong played safety, as I recall. He was a punishing tackler. Hard hitter.

Cuse's ranking will work itself out next week vs. Clemson so that would mean moving up to #13.

I think we move up if UCLA beats Oregon, maybe if Oregon beats UCLA by a considerable margin.

Other chances are K-St beating TCU, LSU beating Ole Miss, and Texas beating Ok State.
K-State should jump is if they beat TCU and TCU would stay ahead of us.

Ole Miss would not drop below us either.

Oke Miss will have 2+ losses by the end of the season.

1973 game was all field goals for Wake w Ramsey kicking the game winner w little or no time left on the clock. Both teams were so bad. They brought in Bowden and we had Mills and the next 10 years set the tone for both programs.

Oke Miss will have 2+ losses by the end of the season.
Maybe they will. But we were discussing the possums them losing to LSU next week. They won’t have two losses after next week.

The CBS website now projects Wake to play Penn State in the Orange Bowl. If that pans out the game would be Friday, Dec. 30 at 7:30 pm. That would make for a fun trip for the Deacon faithful and, for me personally, would make up for having to miss my 40th reunion earlier this year. Also, taking the Nittany Lions to the cleaners would cleanse the soul. So, fingers crossed!

Maybe they will. But we were discussing the possums them losing to LSU next week. They won’t have two losses after next week.
Oklahoma was ranked #6 after the third week of the season. Does anyone care now?

There is a better chance that Ole Miss unranked by the end of the season then they are top 10 at the end of the season.

Well you certainly are putting your learning from Oklahoma’s season to good use.

Oklahoma was ranked #6 after the third week of the season. Does anyone care now?

There is a better chance that Ole Miss unranked by the end of the season then they are top 10 at the end of the season.

What? They will probably be 9-0 when they play Bama, then they have the murderers row of Arkansas and Miss State.

I know that this board has a resentment for SEC football, but a lot of these criticisms are just lazy.
0baed8b4b16724dc38c28656aed3352f.jpg

What? They will probably be 9-0 when they play Bama, then they have the murderers row of Arkansas and Miss State.

I know that this board has a resentment for SEC football, but a lot of these criticisms are just lazy.
0baed8b4b16724dc38c28656aed3352f.jpg
Just taking it as a given they’ll beat LSU and A&M on the road?

I’ll take it. #13 in both polls right ahead of Cuse.

Back