• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

Josh Stein is not really the good old boy Eastern NC Dem you seem to be referencing.

He was a State Senator from Raleigh.

Yes, he lived in Raleigh because he worked in state government. But he’s from DC and lived all over before working in NC. So not an Eastern NC Dem like Easley or Cooper.

Yes, he lived in Raleigh because he worked in state government. But he’s from DC and lived all over before working in NC. So not an Eastern NC Dem like Easley or Cooper.

My question was about a Central/Western NC Dem. I don't think Josh Stein counts. Can anyone name the last one?

6bfb703093da1f8ca06784dbc8dfbe2a.jpg

I think all of us Democrats and leftists are learning a very hard lesson right now about how singularly responsible the Supreme Court was for social progress in the last few decades, and what the true face of America is going to look like for the next few decades now that Republicans have taken back control of the courts. The world is going to see our cultural progressivism for the facade it is, and finally our domestic culture will be exposed as rotten, just like our foreign policy and our economic equality.

Not all. Maybe younger people who took Brown v. Board and Roe v. Wade for granted. Maybe think about that when you criticize older Black people and women for voting blue no matter who. They knew what was at stake. Now all the social justice gains they fought for are at risk because Republicans made the courts a central part of their get out to vote efforts.

It’s been obvious for going on two decades that Congress is not a functional legislative body regardless of who is in charge. They’ve abdicated policy making and governance to the Courts and states.

I think all of us Democrats and leftists are learning a very hard lesson right now about how singularly responsible the Supreme Court was for social progress in the last few decades, and what the true face of America is going to look like for the next few decades now that Republicans have taken back control of the courts. The world is going to see our cultural progressivism for the facade it is, and finally our domestic culture will be exposed as rotten, just like our foreign policy and our economic equality.

Republicans have had control of the Supreme Court since 1970. It just now in the hands of radicals further to the right.

Republicans have had control of the Supreme Court since 1970. It just now in the hands of radicals further to the right.

Fair, but *radical* as compared to what? The courts current idealogical makeup seems perfectly in line with modern conservatism.

Not all. Maybe younger people who took Brown v. Board and Roe v. Wade for granted. Maybe think about that when you criticize older Black people and women for voting blue no matter who. They knew what was at stake.

The Democratic Party is fucking terrible and I’ll damn well criticize *anyone* who supports it religiously without holding it accountable. Very much of the fucked up shit about our society is on the heads of people who keep mainstream corporate Democrats in power every election, and that includes a hell of a lot of black voters, along with the white suburban shitheads they are so afraid of swinging to the Republican Party. This whole damn country is to blame.

Last edited:
The Democratic Party is fucking terrible and I’ll damn well criticize *anyone* who supports it religiously without holding it accountable. Very much of the fucked up shit about our society is on the heads of people who keep mainstream corporate Democrats in power every election, and that includes a hell of a lot of black voters, along with the white suburban shitheads they are so afraid of swinging to the Republican Party. This whole damn country is to blame.

Voting for Democrats isn’t the same as voting uncritically.

Voting for Democrats isn’t the same as voting uncritically.

I’m not rehashing this argument with you for the 100th time, and please don’t condescend to me about 70 year old civil rights cases.

One thing I'll say for the GOP, they know their audience and know how to sell them a line like nobody's business.

I like how MDMH essential says it’s his way and only his way all bow down to his way of thinking. Black voters, suburban voters, all voters he speaks for you and he knows what’s best!

I like how MDMH essential says it’s his way and only his way all bow down to his way of thinking. Black voters, suburban voters, all voters he speaks for you and he knows what’s best!

90% of the topics and discussion on this board are Democrats expressing those same exact feelings towards Conservatives and Republican political outcomes. It just so happens that I am just as disappointed and frustrated with Democrats as with Republicans, just for different reasons.

Back