• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

1. There are plenty of “dumb” Democratic voters
2. The Democratic Party desperately needs more of those “dumb” voters.

Rather than dismissing the intelligence of worthiness of voters motivations, we should be campaigning to them where they are at

Rather than dismissing the intelligence of worthiness of voters motivations, we should be campaigning to them where they are at

Even when it rains?

This is incorrect.

The entire success of Republicans depends on Democrats being and staying this dumb. It continues to serve them well.

Here's the NBC Poll discussed on MTP this past weekend: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/me...ating-sinks-42-percent-nbc-news-poll-n1282781

The key part? Right here:

71 percent say nation is on wrong track
Also in the NBC News poll, 71 percent of Americans say they believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, up 8 points since August.

That includes 93 percent of Republicans, 70 of independents and even 48 percent of Democrats.

This democrat thinks the nation is on the wrong track, and it's 100% because of Republicans, Manchin and Sinema. And I'm sure a lot of democrats and independents answered that way for the same reason. The country is turning into an idiocracy before our eyes.

With respect to the dumb Republicans, good luck getting any of them excited about anything other then red meat issues. Try to float defund the police in front of them again. They're a lost cause.

This democrat thinks the nation is on the wrong track, and it's 100% because of Republicans, Manchin and Sinema. And I'm sure a lot of democrats and independents answered that way for the same reason. The country is turning into an idiocracy before our eyes.

Right track/wrong track is the worst polling question.

Exactly no one said that, moron.

They lost because of the drummed up bullshit issues being discussed here. Try to keep up.

There is no more valuable commodity to my party's chances than this level of foolish pride. I don't have to keep up, I get to watch you fall behind while I'm standing still.

With respect to the dumb Republicans, good luck getting any of them excited about anything other then red meat issues. Try to float defund the police in front of them again. They're a lost cause.

I’m really not trying to rehash another leftist vs liberal pissing match, it goes nowhere. As much as I fucking hate the Democratic Party, there are no other feasible alternatives. We are on the same team by necessity, and I’m just pointing out that the Democratic Party will absolutely die without the type of dumb/uneducated/naive voters that are being dismissed here. If you know what politics means to someone, you have to campaign to them on their terms.

Maybe it’s just something to talk about but this board, just like the media, sure loves to extrapolate every voting outcome to some national referendum. Remember that time Alabama recently elected a democrat senator, or Georgia two senators, or the Louisiana governor or the Kentucky governor, remember that time Maryland elected a Republican governor, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and so forth.

@Juice et al

What solutions has your party offered to gas prices, inflation and crime?

There is no more valuable commodity to my party's chances than this level of foolish pride. I don't have to keep up, I get to watch you fall behind while I'm standing still.

Tell me you don't have a counterpoint without telling me you don't have a counterpoint.

The election was based on enthusiasm. Dem voters didn't have it. Pubs did - and we know why they did and it wasn't fucking inflation.

LOL -- gas prices, inflation, and crime. JFC.

Tell me you don't have a counterpoint without telling me you don't have a counterpoint.

The election was based on enthusiasm. Dem voters didn't have it. Pubs did - and we know why they did and it wasn't fucking inflation.

LOL -- gas prices, inflation, and crime. JFC.

I hope you like mornings like this one. Same time next year, then?

Maybe it’s just something to talk about but this board, just like the media, sure loves to extrapolate every voting outcome to some national referendum. Remember that time Alabama recently elected a democrat senator, or Georgia two senators, or the Louisiana governor or the Kentucky governor, remember that time Maryland elected a Republican governor, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and so forth.

The Republicans can much better afford to randomly lose a few of those races because we know those states aren’t trending Democrat (Georgia being the exception) Dems win those seats and basically just serve as temporary placeholders, whereas Republicans win these races and immediately begin gerrymandering, placing judges, changing rules, etc.

I’m really not trying to rehash another leftist vs liberal pissing match, it goes nowhere. As much as I fucking hate the Democratic Party, there are no other feasible alternatives. We are on the same team by necessity, and I’m just pointing out that the Democratic Party will absolutely die without the type of dumb/uneducated/naive voters that are being dismissed here. If you know what politics means to someone, you have to campaign to them on their terms.

Their terms or racism, xenophobia and made up shit about CRT and cancel culture. Tell me how leftists or liberals counter that.

Their terms or racism, xenophobia and made up shit about CRT and cancel culture. Tell me how leftists or liberals counter that.

Honest question: Do you really think it is difficult to beat the Party of Trump in 2021? Y'all won this state a year ago. What changed?

It’s hard to see such predictable condescending elitist bullshit from a Democrat and not feel a little schadenfreude about your election losses.

Let’s try this again - The Democratic Party *desperately* needs dumb voters. Some of those dumb voters will be racist, many of them will not be racist. There are already a lot of racist Democratic voters. As such, the Democratic Party has to appeal to and win more dumb voters *despite* their occasional racism.

There is zero point in a *large tent* Democratic party if the tent isn’t large enough to actually compete with Republicans.

Last edited:
what solutions has your party offered?

We don't have any power at the moment (that's about to change), but I'm certain the re-opening the economy and schools and getting people back to work will help. Contrast Florida and New York.

Back