• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

That comes off like “I also do not want to defund the police.”

Dems need to play offense, not defense.

That’s why pubs shifted from “defund the police” to “CRT.” If you denounce it, they have trouble making it a wedge issue.

I agree the dems should play some offense too, especially on their issues that poll really well.

Democrats have their work cut out for them.

Thanks, Matt!

Ass whuppin.

Pubs win at messaging. Period.

The number one issue going into next year is the port mess. Failure to alleviate that before it cascades into further downstream economic effects will be disastrous for the midterm election. It's directly tied to 3 of the poll issues shown above: Inflation, National Security, and the Economy.

Lol, the number one issue will be CRT and something to do with trans people being weird.

Agreed. Dems should just state, "I too agree that CRT shouldn't be taught to young children." End of story. It's not taught to young kids, so there is little reason to go into the nuances of CRT, what it is, and who it is taught to. Just make it a non-issue.

I don’t think it will matter what the Dems say about CRT. Most Pub voters think Joe Biden is for open borders, canceling the police, and collectivization of all our farms. This idea that people who voted for Biden are switching to Pubs now is unlikely…dem voters just stay home when the candidates are not exciting.

It’s probably not even the candidates. Just months of Democrats not doing shit while national Republicans just sat around and let conservative media do their dirty with for them.

I don’t think it will matter what the Dems say about CRT. Most Pub voters think Joe Biden is for open borders, canceling the police, and collectivization of all our farms. This idea that people who voted for Biden are switching to Pubs now is unlikely…dem voters just stay home when the candidates are not exciting.

Pretty much. Makes me think of the old joke about calling your opponent a pig fucker just to hear him deny it. McAuliffe simply denies wanting to teach CRT, he might just be lying. Better to counter with "Youngkin doesn't want your kid to learn about Rosa Parks" (I think most people are OK with Rosa Parks, and its probably not worth fighting for those that aren't), and show clips of teachers being harassed/

I think McAuliffe bet way too much on tying Youngkin to Trump, especially when you consider that would motivate a good section of Republican turnout. There is a billboard off I-95 that just shows a picture of Youngking and Trump with the phrase "Endorsed by Trump", and I wasn't even sure it who it was for. (Being on the highway, I couldn't make out whether the picture was supposed to be flattering or unflattering, which may have helped). That will only carry you so far when Trump isn't on the ballot. To be sure, Trump is a more imminent threat than critical race theory, but a less imminent threat than he was a year ago, so it would not have the same impact.

Well that sucks. Everyone was treating Walton like the mayor-elect.

Feel like we could dig deeper than “white/non-college education” but there it is
3b794eab4d9e1ded010884503097807c.jpg

Feel like we could dig deeper than “white/non-college education” but there it is
3b794eab4d9e1ded010884503097807c.jpg

I find these raw percentage assessments, in the absence of turnout numbers at a minimum or data on people actually switching their party from one election to another, useless.

I find these raw percentage assessments, in the absence of turnout numbers at a minimum or data on people actually switching their party from one election to another, useless.

It’s a general election, party switching is irrelevant because every voter gets the same ballot and we’re looking at how split ticket voters in the general voted in this election. How much more data do you need to acknowledge that 2020 Biden support isn’t resulting in increased Democratic Party support?

Last edited:
Back