• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

A bunch of Dems will be tempted to (and a fair number probably will) vote in the Pub primary to try and get runoffs in the Pub Senate and Gubernatorial races.

Definitely seen that before but ultimately the strongest candidate will likely prevail eventually.

Definitely seen that before but ultimately the strongest candidate will likely prevail eventually.

Kemp and Walker are definitely going to be the GOP nominees - I'd just like them to have to spend more of their cash fighting in a runoff.

I love that Perdue lost his seat because Trump didn't care enough to drive turnout.

So, Perdue swallowed his pride for the Trump endorsement and will still probably be beaten.

I love that Perdue lost his seat because Trump didn't care enough to drive turnout.

So, Perdue swallowed his pride for the Trump endorsement and will still probably be beaten.

Apparently running on a platform that the election was stolen and the next one will also be rigged isn't a winning message

A bunch of Dems will be tempted to (and a fair number probably will) vote in the Pub primary to try and get runoffs in the Pub Senate and Gubernatorial races.

There's an unlimited pool of money for politics. Draining resources is a weird strategy. A longer primary keeps the Republican message in the news as well.

How so ? By favoring a candidate in the Republican primary who they think will win ?

By driving support for Kemp in the general.

By driving support for Kemp in the general.

You realize Kemp or Perdue, either one, would probably defeat Abrams in the fall, right ? They both lead her in the polls, despite Perdue trailing Kemp by a large margin with Republicans.

Of course when she loses again she'll be trotted out as the face of the Democratic Party.

My point is that Republicans don't like Abrams which will drive them to the polls regardless of if Kemp or Purdue win. Your post is more evidence of my point.

What's your point?

I understand your point better now. But yeah, they could run a dog against her in the general and win.

However, the preference of Republican primary voters for Kemp over Perdue doesn't really have anything to do with their disdain for Abrams. See above, they would vote for a dog first. Also, for Kemp to get his current 8-point margin over Abrams, he's got to be getting a decent amount of swing voter support.

If the margins are close enough and depending on how Trump reacts to Kemp being the nominee (he really hates him) then I can see enough Trump rubes not voting for Kemp making a significant difference.

When people say they fear a red wave in November is coming, this is what they're talking about. Appears to be a lot of Democratic voter apathy out there.

The Ohio Republican primary got national attention. Did Tim Ryan even have a primary opponent?

I remember when, about 10 or 12 years ago, a crazy woman who reputedly used to practice witchcraft ran as the GOP Senate candidate in Delaware. There were lots of jokes nationally about it, and she even ran a commercial in which she started off saying something like "I'm not a witch." She got crushed in the election by her Democratic opponent, and I thought she was simply a fluke. Today she just seems like a harbinger of things to come for Republicans, as the list of nutty GOP candidates just keeps growing and growing. And more and more of them are actually getting elected to office. What a time to be alive.

Yeah. Palin set the stage for those wackos. People like Christine O’Donnell and Todd Akin have become the norm. Republicans crave lunacy now.

Back