• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

Worth noting that the tweet from the editor was from today, after a full day of catching heat for the interview. So I guess that tells you that the interview and the reaction were good for clicks / revenue.

anyone see the Georgia senate debate: It went like this:
Senator Warnock: At least I never pretended to be a policeman
Herschel Walker: Oh yeah? (as he pulls out out a fake badge).

yes, he literally pulled out a fake badge.

And then he got reprimanded about no props like a toddler who won’t put a toy down

The sad thing is Warnock didn’t attack too hard I read because he has good favorables and didn’t want to mess that up. Guess he let Walker do all the talking for him. But I just hope there are enough voters in GA who don’t care that he used to run the ball real good.

The sad thing is Warnock didn’t attack too hard I read because he has good favorables and didn’t want to mess that up. Guess he let Walker do all the talking for him. But I just hope there are enough voters in GA who don’t care that he used to run the ball real good.

why attack? The moderator was handling it and talking down to Walker.

I hear what you’re saying about integrity, intelligence, and experience on the one hand, but on the other hand…Go Dawgs! Sic ‘em! WOOF WOOF!

It seems to be a winning strategy for R's - put up someone where the expectation is that they shit themselves on stage and then get massive credit for literally not shitting their pants.

I thought the whole debate was pretty meh. The moderators were awful, the questions weren't good (the hit most of the right issues, but framed the questions crappy), Walker has the Trump method of just talking whenever he wants down pat, and Warnock dodged a number of questions to play to those folks who are leaning Kemp/Warnock (probably the right call, but doesn't exactly excite the base).

The only thing Walker has done right so far is listen to whomever told him to set the bar impossibly low for his debate performance. Clearing it was the equivalent of jumping over a credit card.

Debates really are worthless in modern politics. They used to be a chance for voters to possibly see a candidate for the first time. Now, it's just a platform for soundbites where no outcome actually exists because even the worst performance still as tribal followers who will proclaim victory, and they have media platforms to propagate that message.

True. But at the same time we shouldn’t let Republicans weasel out of debates.

All major party candidates should be required to debate (despite my agreement with LK that they are for the most part worthless now). The Dem in the AZ governor's race is refusing to debate and I think it's bullshit, regardless of which letter comes after her name.

Not sure how we require it. As long as there are enough idiots who will vote for Republicans regardless of their behavior (or because of), they'll get away with doing whatever they feel like.

Should we force a Democrat to debate a disingenuous twat like Kari Lake? Someone who will lie with impunity and it will look like a victory? We can't fact check in real time against alternative facts. It's just not worth the effort anymore.

It's a lose lose unless both candidates are intellectually decent, like Romney vs Obama.

Back