• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 WFU bowl speculation thread

This “not renewing season tickets” talk is BS. Who the fuck do you think Wake Forest is? We are a tiny school with no football history (and an average bball history). We are fortunate to have DC. In good times and bad. He is the best coach possible for our school. He has transformed us into a program that actually has a large percentage of the fan base expecting to win. What about our past would indicate that such thinking is anything more than insanity?
We remember more good times in our football and basketball teams than our rivals have forgotten.
We could go 14-0 every year and still get laughed at when it comes to conference realignment.
I will still renew my seats and hope for a miracle because that’s what my family has done for decades. I will die without a title. Earth will perish with 0 titles for MSD. Suck it up, enjoy your funnel cake and tailgates. So we are dead fucking last in the relevant NC schools this year in both sports. BFD. What is it, new territory?
The little engine that might.
LOWF? You’re goddamned right.
On board with paragraph one, not so much paragraph two

Because it’s warm unlike Fenway, Yankee, or El Paso in December.
I guess it’s the northerner in me, but we will actually have a good and excited fanbase at Fenway and likely play in front of a decent crowd. I don’t get why all the hate. Wear a hat and coat.

I've been to that stadium. It makes the original Orange Bowl stadium look like the Taj Mahal.

Better or worse than the the stadium in Shreveport, LA where Wake won the Poulan Weedeater Independence Bowl?

Better or worse than the the stadium in Shreveport, LA where Wake won the Poulan Weedeater Independence Bowl?

Or to downtown Birmingham and Legion Field. Unsafe area and a dumpy stadium.

Birmingham has a new stadium and new hotel dining district right by the SEC offices.

Or to downtown Birmingham and Legion Field. Unsafe area and a dumpy stadium.
Having traveled for work over the last 20 years, I can say I felt much safer walking in Detroit at night, than I did walking Birmingham streets.

Did Wake do a bowl interest survey or Bowl Ticket Request where you can order tix for certain bowls assuming we're selected? I feel like the ticket office has been in shambles this past year, I lost my season ticket rep and never get any communication other than results of games generic emails that probably go to everyone (not just season ticketholders).

The season ended in disappointment, and no bowl selection will change that. Annapolis is the one I'm most likely to go to because it's closest, pleasant little town that the lady enjoys, and I have some friends in the Baltimore/DC area that could meet up. Would be interested to see a football game in Fenway-saw a baseball game there once, but it was a Sunday afternoon, and my mom wore a Yankees shirt, so that ended up being unpleasant.

Did Wake do a bowl interest survey or Bowl Ticket Request where you can order tix for certain bowls assuming we're selected? I feel like the ticket office has been in shambles this past year, I lost my season ticket rep and never get any communication other than results of games generic emails that probably go to everyone (not just season ticketholders).
If your ticket guy was Rich Millard, I'm feeling you. I'm not a very "needy" purchaser, but the difference in the response I get now vs. when Rich handled my stuff is a noticeable drop-off.
I also quit filling out the post-home game surveys. In particular I had mentioned on several occasions a potential security/safety issue; left my contact info and never got a response or follow-up, so I'm done.

I feel like all athletic departments have moved on from the myth that "bowl ticket sales matter for future bowls." Maybe they did back in the Clinton years.

Glad our ticket office is restructuring to a modern world and enough with this old thinking. John Currie has done a great job in eliminating middle men like me who profited off Ron Wellman's stupid ticket pricing. Now Wake sets ticket prices to match demand. Folks like me in that business exploit others now. Good for John. Wake should get that money.

Hopefully he will get the support in the next decade to reduce our basketball capacity by 75%. That will generate more demand and provide a "stick" to once again encourage donations. More revenue and more wins. The only hold up now is getting Wake alums to understand that the reason we suck is because of Wake alums own poor decisions.

I feel like all athletic departments have moved on from the myth that "bowl ticket sales matter for future bowls." Maybe they did back in the Clinton years.

Glad our ticket office is restructuring to a modern world and enough with this old thinking. John Currie has done a great job in eliminating middle men like me who profited off Ron Wellman's stupid ticket pricing. Now Wake sets ticket prices to match demand. Folks like me in that business exploit others now. Good for John. Wake should get that money.

Hopefully he will get the support in the next decade to reduce our basketball capacity by 75%. That will generate more demand and provide a "stick" to once again encourage donations. More revenue and more wins. The only hold up now is getting Wake alums to understand that the reason we suck is because of Wake alums own poor decisions.
How much money do you donate?

How much money do you donate?

To which school? My firm's donation is listed in the Deacon Club annual report I'm sure. It's not small but i'd have to look. 5-7K range.

I donate more to Ole Miss, Butler, and Cincinnati. I donate less to FAMU, Duke, Florida State, Boston College, Miami, Middle Tennessee State, and Three Rivers Community College.

Thanks for asking. How about you?

Annapolis would be fine - easy drive, could take my kid, military tie-in tacks on some attendance numbers... Disappointing year but it's a bowl game even still.

To which school? My firm's donation is listed in the Deacon Club annual report I'm sure. It's not small but i'd have to look. 5-7K range.

I donate more to Ole Miss, Butler, and Cincinnati. I donate less to FAMU, Duke, Florida State, Boston College, Miami, Middle Tennessee State, and Three Rivers Community College.

Thanks for asking. How about you?
I’m not the one complaining about alum support. $5-$7k isn’t a drop in the bucket. So if you want to complain, why don’t you combine all of the donations that you give to other schools (including our rivals) and donate it all to Wake. You can get a nice tiny arena with your name on it.

Edited to add: your firm donates which means you personally give nothing.

Back