• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

I don't recall WF burning anyone of consequence on high screen roll action this year

The ACC Commissioner just has to go. He let's every other conference control the narrative. Fights for nothing. Never defends anything. He could say we have the strongest league in the USA. Tobacco road is the toughest road in hoops. The fucker never says a word. Big ten and SEC form an illegal alliance. What does he say? Nothing. Just terrible. The ACC is being taken down by his ineptitude in everything that has to do with PR.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
I don’t know how anyone could find him competent at this point. It’s clear he’s collecting a paycheck and dgaf about the ACC or even understand the culture.

HPU with a sloppy loss tonight. Disappointing, let’s see how they respond.

Spotlight On: Wake Forest
The Demon Deacons missed a notable opportunity for a quality win at Duke on Monday, leaving them in a precarious bubble position. Wake is one of those curious teams with solid NET and KenPom numbers, yet zero Q1 wins (0-4) and KPI and strength-of-records metrics that lag. Despite the quality of teams around the Deacons in the predictive metrics, there is nothing about Wake’s resume that suggests it’s a tournament team at the moment. The good news for Steve Forbes’ squad is that opportunities remain, including Q1 matchups at Virginia and Virginia Tech and home against Duke and Clemson. But it will need to capitalize on just about all of them — while avoiding bad losses to Notre Dame and Georgia Tech — to earn an at-large.

The ACC hired an AD from a school that had literally never made the tournament before when he was hired (or maybe they had recently made one but close enough). They had little football success too.

So the nation’s premier bball conference gets run by some donk who doesn’t know what bball is. And Mack is right about how we just stand pat and let all other conferences control the narratives in both the top dog sports. The Big 10 Network isn’t even an ESPN property and next year I don’t think ESPN networks will carry any football or bball games from that conference yet ESPN still talks about how great they are.

Last edited:
The ACC hired an AD from a school that had literally never made the tournament before when he was hired (or maybe they had recently made one but close enough). They had little football success too.

So the nation’s premier bball conference gets run by some donk who doesn’t know what bball is. And Mack is right about how we just stand pat and let all other conferences control the narratives in both the top dog sports. The Big 10 Network isn’t even an ESPN property and next year I don’t think ESPN networks will carry any football or bball games from that conference yet ESPN still talks about how great they are.
I mean ESPN is just lazy. They spend all fall with an anti-ACC football narrative (rightly or wrongly), and then to some extent that narrative carries over into basketball. Add in that the metrics dislike the ACC regularly, and this is what you get.

Spotlight On: Wake Forest
The Demon Deacons missed a notable opportunity for a quality win at Duke on Monday, leaving them in a precarious bubble position. Wake is one of those curious teams with solid NET and KenPom numbers, yet zero Q1 wins (0-4) and KPI and strength-of-records metrics that lag. Despite the quality of teams around the Deacons in the predictive metrics, there is nothing about Wake’s resume that suggests it’s a tournament team at the moment. The good news for Steve Forbes’ squad is that opportunities remain, including Q1 matchups at Virginia and Virginia Tech and home against Duke and Clemson. But it will need to capitalize on just about all of them — while avoiding bad losses to Notre Dame and Georgia Tech — to earn an at-large.
Yep, pretty much.

That actually started this year, on July 1st, 2023 (there are no Big Ten FB or MBB/WBB games on ESPN networks this year at all).

Jim Phillips sits around watches people fuck his family so much, he should be a Falwell.

The NCAAT top 16 reveal is set for this Saturday. This guy has Clemson as a top 4 seed; I'm generally pro-Clemson, but that is a tad aggressive:

A teaser preview for a new show that comes out in March.

Clemson as a 4 seems absolutely nuts. Would see a higher probability of them missing the tournament than being one of the top 16 teams.

Back