• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Where's that guy who goes to the High Point basketball games? I went today and it was an absurd game. Refs were terrible, way too many fouls and techs given out. It went to one OT period, but the two teams combined to shoot 86 free throws. 50 for Winthrop and 36 for HPU. Winthrop should have one, had they not gone 30-50 from the FT line.

What's the record for FTs?
The all-time record for combined free throws in a game is 130, set on Jan. 26, 1953, in a game between Northern Arizona and Arizona.

Assuming that;s still the record. From this article.

I thought he was College Jokic.

Chris89, agree about Duke. I've been convinced for a while that UNC is the only ACC team that will survive the 1st weekend.
Good news! The ACC is lock to get at least 4 to the Sweet 16.

McCray has seemingly found a nice fit at Jacksonville.

He's only shooting 30.7% from 3 (35-114), but 57.4% from 2 (124-216).

And he'll still have 2 years left. Could definitely see him playing another year at Jacksonville before doing the grad transfer thing at a P6 program.
Wonder if he can still jump out of the gym? That 1 handed alley-oop in the last game (?) of last year was ridiculous. He would also do a bunch of crazy dunks in the layup lines pregame too.

Gamecocks with 6 road SEC wins including UT, A&M, Ole Miss amongst them. Lamont Paris doing really good things in Columbia in year 2.
And with 9 new players and leading with defense first. About blew it last night tho’ by missing multiple front ends of 1&1 in final two minutes.

I thought he was College Jokic.

Chris89, agree about Duke. I've been convinced for a while that UNC is the only ACC team that will survive the 1st weekend.
And that's if Bacot shows up. Two out of their last three losses seemed to be from when he put up a subpar performance. I don't see them going very far either.

Dayton slipping a tiny bit towards the bubble as of late and in a battle at Gryffindor, err Loyola. Great crowd and pretty high level game.

Dayton slipping a tiny bit towards the bubble as of late and in a battle at Gryffindor, err Loyola. Great crowd and pretty high level game.
Dayton’s work in Charleston is carrying a lot of weight for them. They lose at #96 but hold steady in the NET at #21

Dayton similar to Wake keep losses close and win games by wide margins. None of their wins are against exciting teams (best win is St John’s), but are accomplishing what the metrics require to stay relevant.

Carolina beats Florida in Columbia, so no great news for Wake's metrics.

Looks like Bronny picked the wrong USC to sit on the bench and score 2 points a game.

Carolina beats Florida in Columbia, so no great news for Wake's metrics.

Looks like Bronny picked the wrong USC to sit on the bench and score 2 points a game.
SC picked last in SEC. Lamont Paris adds 9 new players, preaches defense first and now sits 24-6 and a game out of first. Definite SEC COY and possible national COY. Another tough week next week with UT coming in and then @ Miss St.

JMU would have one Q1 win and zero Q2 wins. They played the #337 OOC schedule in the country.

If they get in after the bullshit we heard two years ago about WF needing 3 wins in the ACC tournament, we need to fire Bubba and all tarheels from all selection committees forever

Back