• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 NCAA Women's Basketball Thread

dont see how iowa slows down cardoso in the final

Obviously you don’t know what is a foul and what is a legally set pick. You can’t be moving and you certainly can’t throw your shoulder in to the defender, damn.
That’s like saying you are not supposed to call a foul with the score tied on a shooter with 2 seconds to go in the game. It’s not the old days & it’s not playoff hockey. You are told to call the call the same foul two seconds in to the game or two seconds left. (Just like FAU vs San Diego State in the men’s semi last year)

If you don't call an off the ball foul the other 39.9 minutes you don't fucking call it with a few seconds left in the national semifinal. There were probably 20+ moving screens in that quarter alone.

If you're an official and you decide at that moment to make yourself the story, you're a self affected twat and should probably retire to running your HOA.

dont love to agree but that is more of a foul than i thought watching live

But do you make that call with 3 secs to play in a close game and winner advances to the NCAAT Final?!

Ummm.... NO! Unless you want to BE the story.

Said in Chandler Bing vernacular.

definitely a foul but it also probably wouldn’t have had much impact on what was to come

not all fouls are equal

definitely a foul but it also probably wouldn’t have had much impact on what was to come

not all fouls are equal

But how do you know? The screener slips the screen and is wide open and makes the game winning shot. Is that fair to Iowa? No.
You can't wait to see what happens to then make the call.

Nah you can tell

not holding it against the ref for making the call but it would have been more sporting not to call it

If you don't call an off the ball foul the other 39.9 minutes you don't fucking call it with a few seconds left in the national semifinal. There were probably 20+ moving screens in that quarter alone.

If you're an official and you decide at that moment to make yourself the story, you're a self affected twat and should probably retire to running your HOA.
Just so happened dipshit that they also called several other illegal picks against UConn in the game. So maybe Geno might want to teach them to get stationary to set LEGAL picks. But if you were in that game and saw that obvious foul, just because there were 3.9 seconds left you would CHEAT the Iowa team and not call the foul and give UConn the chance to win the game.
Probably why your handicap is at 1.5 instead of 5.0 because you cheat at golf and kick the ball out of the rough or from behind a tree.

But how do you know? The screener slips the screen and is wide open and makes the game winning shot. Is that fair to Iowa? No.
You can't wait to see what happens to then make the call.
Exactly. One never knows when out on the floor what is going to happen and you call what is presented to you at the time. You don’t care what color the unis are. Clark misses a FT and UConn did not get the rebound right after this so right there they cost themselves a final chance to win.

Plenty of people’s yards will be in violation of the rules, plans just waiting for fouls to be called

i mean its 100% a foul, sucks that it was the defining play in an otherwise great game.

6XrG5jv.png

You can count me in the Caitlin hater group. I think she’s a very good player but it’s fun to root against her at this point simply because she’s getting so much more attention than anyone else and there are a ton of great college players right now. Also she’s checking a ton of “safe” boxes- white, has a boyfriend, from a flyover state. It makes her marketable, but I’ll take Angel or a Paige or Juju.

You can count me in the Caitlin hater group. I think she’s a very good player but it’s fun to root against her at this point simply because she’s getting so much more attention than anyone else and there are a ton of great college players right now. Also she’s checking a ton of “safe” boxes- white, has a boyfriend, from a flyover state. It makes her marketable, but I’ll take Angel or a Paige or Juju.

Why you gotta choose?

Back