• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

For some reason I thought that already happened? Or was it a rumor years ago? This is very deja vu.
Fairgrounds are far more valuable to the city than the coliseum was. Doubt they would part with the annex because of the fair.

I hope it's arena related, but I would assume it's just a bigger dedication to the NIL and basketball program as a whole.

For the older posters who watched games in the Old Coliseum, what was the atmosphere like? Was there a real need to double the seating capacity in the new building?

Even receiving votes would be a continued step in the right direction.
Yeah if we get two more this week then I think we will crack the polls. Just keep winning and it will take care of itself. Nice to get some recognition lately online and from some of the talking heads at halftime of other games.

Morning all. One day away from another Wake Forest game, which means a fresh batch of content from us at BSD and BOTG. First off, have the usual preview with metrics, roster analysis, my take, keys to the game and prediction here...including some interesting thoughts on FSU's nation-leading height, but not-so-great offense.

Also, another episode of BOTG, breaking down the win over Miami, laying out all the info on the Seminoles, along with a little discussion on the "people are talking" reality with WF and its potential outcomes this season. Listen on Apple and Spotify below.

As always, thanks so much for reading/listening. And...side note...I'll be in Tallahassee Tuesday with in-person coverage of the game.

For the older posters who watched games in the Old Coliseum, what was the atmosphere like? Was there a real need to double the seating capacity in the new building?
We weren't in control of the size of the new arena since we didn't own it - we only contributed to it. It was built as a multi-purpose civic arena.

We weren't in control of the size of the new arena since we didn't own it - we only contributed to it. It was built as a multi-purpose civic arena.
Thanks for responding, what was the atmosphere and attendance like in the old building? Similar to Reynolds, Cameron, Carmichael?

Morning all. One day away from another Wake Forest game, which means a fresh batch of content from us at BSD and BOTG. First off, have the usual preview with metrics, roster analysis, my take, keys to the game and prediction here...including some interesting thoughts on FSU's nation-leading height, but not-so-great offense.

Also, another episode of BOTG, breaking down the win over Miami, laying out all the info on the Seminoles, along with a little discussion on the "people are talking" reality with WF and its potential outcomes this season. Listen on Apple and Spotify below.

As always, thanks so much for reading/listening. And...side note...I'll be in Tallahassee Tuesday with in-person coverage of the game.

You are doing a phenomenal job. Have no idea how you do this as well as being a full-time student.

We played our important ACC games in Greensboro so...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Heading into the conference season, we had discussed how the first 6 games were extremely important. Update time:

I think, according to KP at the time, we had about a 2% chance of sweeping those 6 games (even if you thought we were significantly better than where we were ranked, it was still like 8%). I was thinking 4-2 would a positive result... and though I still feel that way, 5-1 or 6-0 sounds a lot better.

Well, with the 3-0 start, it is now about 20% that we start 6-0. Expected win value is 4.76 for the 6 game stretch.

KP suggests 60% chance of beating FSU and 68% chance of beating UVA.

Back