• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Forbes and Skip have to be the most likeable coaches we've ever had. Maybe I am just rebounding from Bz and Manning, but I love this guy.
I agree, was talking to a buddy last night. Obv Forbes needs to get to the tourney, it is time to do it. But even if we don't, unless it's a disaster year, I'd ride with Steve for a little while. He can get it done, he makes us exciting. I love the guy too.

With all due respect, whether or not Efton's waiver is approved or rejected will have nothing to do with Ron Wellman.

The waiver case will turn on whether Efton application can fit within the narrow circumstances where the NCAA has approved waivers. WF basketball applied max resources, including smart people who understand NCAA regs to prepare the waiver and advocate for Efton. Have no doubt that Efton's application (which was over 100 pages) was the most thorough and well-crafted of any the NCAA will have received. That said, most two time transfers are rejected; so, it's impossible to be super-confident.

Yeah I don’t know much about the waiver process and our argument but I do know that we lawyered the shit out of it.

Wake Forest picked to finish 6th in the ACC. Here's the full voting:

School (first-place votes), Points
1. Duke (44), 757
2. Miami (5), 693
3. North Carolina (1), 670
4. Virginia (1), 593
5. Clemson, 570
6. Wake Forest, 440
7. NC State, 420
8. Virginia Tech, 390
9. Pitt, 380
10. Syracuse, 321
11. Florida State, 294
12. Boston College, 227
13. Georgia Tech, 157
14. Louisville, 108
15. Notre Dame, 100

In interest of full disclosure, I didn't have a vote but I think that's where I would've picked WF.

Wake Forest picked to finish 6th in the ACC. Here's the full voting:

School (first-place votes), Points
1. Duke (44), 757
2. Miami (5), 693
3. North Carolina (1), 670
4. Virginia (1), 593
5. Clemson, 570
6. Wake Forest, 440
7. NC State, 420
8. Virginia Tech, 390
9. Pitt, 380
10. Syracuse, 321
11. Florida State, 294
12. Boston College, 227
13. Georgia Tech, 157
14. Louisville, 108
15. Notre Dame, 100

In interest of full disclosure, I didn't have a vote but I think that's where I would've picked WF.
Vote wise we were closer to tenth than we were to fifth. Weird.

Vote wise we were closer to tenth than we were to fifth. Weird.
In my opinion, lots of uncertainty with the Efton Reid situation caused some variability regarding the Deacs.

I was lucky to have a vote this year, and for full disclosure, here was my vote:
1. Duke
2. Miami
3. Clemson
4. North Carolina
5. Virginia
6. Wake Forest
7. Virginia Tech (my submission came before the Rodney Rice departure)
8. Pitt
9. NC State
10. Syracuse
11. Florida State
12. Boston College
13. Georgia Tech
14. Louisville
15. Notre Dame

Are we ranked that high with people thinking we’ll get the waiver or they are uncertain but if they knew we got him we’d be higher?

Are we ranked that high with people thinking we’ll get the waiver or they are uncertain but if they knew we got him we’d be higher?
Do they even care about the waiver? I know we're high on Reid, but does the outside world view him that highly?

Do they even care about the waiver? I know we're high on Reid, but does the outside world view him that highly?

I think most third party observes have to understand our weakness in the post and defending the rim specifically last year. Reid at a minimum offers much greater potential for addressing those issues than anyone else on the team.

I think most third party observes have to understand our weakness in the post and defending the rim specifically last year. Reid at a minimum offers much greater potential for addressing those issues than anyone else on the team.
You're giving wayyyyy too much credit to ACC media, even with the voting pool changing to "coaches and select media."

You're giving wayyyyy too much credit to ACC media, even with the voting pool changing to "coaches and select media."

Exactly.

That’s pretty sad because I was trying to set the bar at the bare minimum for people with even a passing familiarity with the teams.

Back