• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

The only rebuke is the way a specific poster "talked shit" about a kid.

I don't believe the words used in that specific case are cool. I never call anyone out for simple criticism.
Please specifically quote the sentences that were "too mean" in your opinion?

Please specifically quote the sentences that were "too mean" in your opinion?
I'm sorry that I've offended you and hurt your feelings (the thumbs down is so hurtful. Ouchie).

It was one post and I quoted some of your words above.

I mean, regardless of his overall ceiling and what he can provide to us long-term at the 5 (including this year), he shot the highest FG% EVER by a collegiate basketball player.

That's some insane stuff. I agree with his shortingcomings, but surely we can get 10-15 mins out of him, even if they are just rim runs and lobs.

I mean, regardless of his overall ceiling and what he can provide to us long-term at the 5 (including this year), he shot the highest FG% EVER by a collegiate basketball player.

That's some insane stuff. I agree with his shortingcomings, but surely we can get 10-15 mins out of him, even if they are just rim runs and lobs.
Other than the fact that he did not have enough FG attempts to qualify, sure.

Not true

Grant Van Beveren shot 100% from the field as a freshman

Did it again as a sophomore

Did it again as a senior

I'm sorry that I've offended you and hurt your feelings (the thumbs down is so hurtful. Ouchie).

It was one post and I quoted some of your words above.
So I posted reasonable criticism of Marsh, which you did not refute on its merits. Instead, you called me an asshole and now are uninterested/unable to provide any examples of how I was an asshole. Thanks for your contributions!

So I posted reasonable criticism of Marsh, which you did not refute on its merits. Instead, you called me an asshole and now are uninterested/unable to provide any examples of how I was an asshole. Thanks for your contributions!
I'm uninterested in this fight. I quoted words I found in your email and found the criticism harsh and I quoted descriptive words you used. I'm not going to convince you that the language you used in your criticism was was unbecoming of an adult talking about a college kid. That's the note.

Canka in concussion protocol worries me.

Chase Jones (FB linebacker) just never ended up playing.
Me too. Concussion was a big contributor to Marsh's slow start at Wake. He missed the bulk of preseason practice while in concussion protocol at the start of his freshman season.

Visser made a decent jump freshman to sophomore year, but he was really bad offensively with extended time during his junior year. His rebounding did take a big jump, and then he took a huge leap his senior year.

Big E was freakishly efficient inside - there's no coach in America who would have given Visser more minutes over him.

Still no reason to resort to derogatory nicknames due to his height.
I wonder if he would find more offense to this or the more accurate nickname “the worst what-the-actual-fuck-is-going-on football player I’ve ever seen” Mitch. Or “OMG SOMEONE CLAW MY EYES OUT AND GET A VOMIT BUCKET” Mitch

Anyone who wanted could go to the game. It was free.
I think point being for those of us not local, it wasn’t streamed. This isn’t to you, but the constant criticism of people not going to the games on this board is inapplicable to a good portion of us who would need to take multiple flights to even get there.

Despite all the talk about the NCAA being on their own time and all that, I have a hard time believing that they would let this sit right up until the start of the season, and then grant the waiver request. I am afraid this is the “we gave your a application a great deal of consideration” waiting period that will be referenced in a denial letter.

This is some revisionist history. Could Visser have gotten some more playing time? Maybe. Was he better than E? Absolutely not.
I didn’t say he was better than Big E. But Visser was a much better rim defender and deserved more playing time. In the St Joseph’s game, Visser discouraged the repetitive back downs against our small guards for a few minutes in the second half. Then, predictably, when E returned to the lineup in the final minutes, the back downs were successful again. Visser was All ACC his senior year for a reason. He was a good player.

Back