• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 ACC Tournament Discussion Thread

Not trying to agree with Jim B, but the Gate City Blvd area of Greensboro has gone to shit. Four Seasons Mall is basically closed, the good restaurants near the mall are gone, Hooters has gone to pot, and the ride from the Sheraton to the Coliseum is like a war zone. The Sheraton/ Koury and the Coliseum are great but that’s it. It’s embarassing for the triad area and Greensboro, because there are really nice areas of Greensboro that aren’t convenient to the visitors from the schools.

Duke’s utter and complete ownership of this tournament since Tim Duncan graduated is frankly embarrassing.

I know everyone around here thinks Bennett is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I thank Jesus every day that I don’t have to watch Wake teams play this godawful style of basketball. It is just terrible from an entertainment standpoint.

I know everyone around here thinks Bennett is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I thank Jesus every day that I don’t have to watch Wake teams play this godawful style of basketball. It is just terrible from an entertainment standpoint.
I could be patient for a couple years if we won a championship. Silly comment.

Not trying to agree with Jim B, but the Gate City Blvd area of Greensboro has gone to shit. Four Seasons Mall is basically closed, the good restaurants near the mall are gone, Hooters has gone to pot, and the ride from the Sheraton to the Coliseum is like a war zone. The Sheraton/ Koury and the Coliseum are great but that’s it. It’s embarassing for the triad area and Greensboro, because there are really nice areas of Greensboro that aren’t convenient to the visitors from the schools.
You’re so right…Gate City Blvd is a war zone and the entire area is a shitville. Greensboro has suffered for years from a lack of vision and leadership. ACC leaving Greensboro was overdue.

Bilas is simply insufferable.
Why do you say that? Clearly Duke is the best team in the conference and will be under seeded in the NCAA tournament. He obviously went to Duke but is a great advocate of the ACC.

Why do you say that? Clearly Duke is the best team in the conference and will be under seeded in the NCAA tournament. He obviously went to Duke but is a great advocate of the ACC.
It has nothing to do with the best team.

It has to do with the over-explanation of every single play in the game.

Edit to add. He might be good on radio, but I don't need to be told what I just saw.

Last edited:
UVA is a complete embarrassment for the ACC. This type offense was run in the 50’s and quite frankly I find it ridiculous that today’s players want to play in it

UVA is a complete embarrassment for the ACC. This type offense was run in the 50’s and quite frankly I find it ridiculous that today’s players want to play in it
And they have won two ACC tournaments and a NCAA championship in the past 10 years…sorry but I’ll take that every day of the week. Silly comment

Bennett is a class guy and great coach. He finds players for his system and UVA. The refs let Dook foul all night and UVA had a horrible shooting night. It happens.

Back