• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: wheelin & dealin

Me, west coast, get home from camping and see the Braves are on national TV. Just in time for the bottom of the 5th inning.

So maybe I'm not meant to start watching until the playoffs again.

Me, west coast, get home from camping and see the Braves are on national TV. Just in time for the bottom of the 5th inning.

So maybe I'm not meant to start watching until the playoffs again.
That inning was pathetic.

One of the most frustrating things in sports has gotta be watching a big league pitcher walking in a run on 4 pitches with the bases loaded. Just brutal.

One of the most frustrating things in sports has gotta be watching a big league pitcher walking in a run on 4 pitches with the bases loaded. Just brutal.
And we got to see it twice with a catcher’s interference thrown in for good measure.

I do laugh when I remember the Cardinals walking in like 4 Braves in one inning a year or two ago.

Matty O is just absurd right now. Since the beginning of June, he’s hot .309/.405/.700 for a wRC+ of 185. 13.9% BB% & a 20.4% (!!!!!) K%. 2 homer lead over Shohei.

I have seen enough lately to write the obit on McHugh.
Agreed. This is one of those “we clearly have the best team so we have to go for it” kind of years. Make Soroka, Shuster, or Smith-Shawver a reliever for two months. Let one of the others take Chirinos’ spot.

They aren't getting caught and they aren't rolling with Chirinos or McHugh in the postseason. Dylan Lee will be back soon. Somebody will get a fake IL trip and then they'll have a few extra roster spots in September.

They aren't getting caught and they aren't rolling with Chirinos or McHugh in the postseason. Dylan Lee will be back soon. Somebody will get a fake IL trip and then they'll have a few extra roster spots in September.
If we move people to reliever spots though it would be good to get them some experience in that role, especially against big league teams.

On another note, another day of beating up on teams from NY.

They're doing another all-player booth game. That was such an awesome watch last time around, love that they're doing it again.

Ozzie to the IL. Sounds mainly precautionary since they’ve seen that Lopez can handle 2b for a week.

Shuster yanked after 4.2 innings, 2 runs. Two inherited runners who I'm sure will score and be charged to him. Snit always yanks him early.

The production of this game has been asscheeks. Sounds don't line up, random pan aways, awful camera work.

As expected, McHugh walks two straight hitters then allows a bases clearing double. I fucking hate that mother fucker.

Shuster's final line: 4.2 innings, 4 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, 3 strikeouts.

Snitker never fucking trusts him to finish the inning and the bullpen never strands runners for him.

Back