• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

seems like that’s why so many of his INTs are pick 6s as well. Not like he’s throwing INTs 20 yards downfield, the picks are near the LOS so there are few players between them and the end zone.

i would like to compare the competitiveness of our o-line vs our receivers ability to get separation. My feeling is that our lack of a passing game is more due to Bryce not having anyone downfield to throw it to and not wanting to throw into tight windows - the emphasis on those short sideline throws are most likely because that cushion at the snap is as open as our receivers ever get, and we’re just trying to get the ball to them as fast as possible and hope they get yac.

This doesn't really solve anything but I'd like the Panthers to try and get Rashod Bateman in the offseason from the Ravens. He's been oft-injured and buried this season in the Ravens offense. I think he's got a lot of upside and obviously a lot of talent. I wouldn't give up a ton to get him but he's a buy low type guy I think could be a good option for Bryce

i would like to compare the competitiveness of our o-line vs our receivers ability to get separation. My feeling is that our lack of a passing game is more due to Bryce not having anyone downfield to throw it to and not wanting to throw into tight windows - the emphasis on those short sideline throws are most likely because that cushion at the snap is as open as our receivers ever get, and we’re just trying to get the ball to them as fast as possible and hope they get yac.
Yeah I definitely think this is - and I’m on record he wasn’t having to throw guys open at Bama so it’s a little of both.

bama wasn't stacked at WR last season

bryce had gibbs, but that was about it

Bama is not developing receivers the way they used to. Button was probably his best receiver last year.

The next four games after hurting his shoulder:

357 yards
256 yards
300 yards
265 yards

Bryces all time high:

247 yards

I was at the Cleveland game that year. Cam just couldn't throw deep and the Panthers should have still won the game.

The next four games after hurting his shoulder:

357 yards
256 yards
300 yards
265 yards

Bryces all time high:

247 yards
I understand that Cam is your favorite player, but I'm not sure I get the point of continually making this comparison. Cam was a one of a kind player in the NFL with an unlimited ceiling (if not for injuries). Bryce clearly isn't that, but that doesn't mean he's a complete and total bust either.

Rookie QBs being elite is the exception, not the norm. Let's at least give Bryce a chance with a reasonable supporting cast before we deem him a bust

I understand that Cam is your favorite player, but I'm not sure I get the point of continually making this comparison. Cam was a one of a kind player in the NFL with an unlimited ceiling (if not for injuries). Bryce clearly isn't that, but that doesn't mean he's a complete and total bust either.

Rookie QBs being elite is the exception, not the norm. Let's at least give Bryce a chance with a reasonable supporting cast before we deem him a bust

I think my point was less of hyping up Cam and more of pointing out than an NFL QB with a career ending injury was still throwing for more yards than our new franchise QB ever has.

I think my point was less of hyping up Cam and more of pointing out than an NFL QB with a career ending injury was still throwing for more yards than our new franchise QB ever has.
But Cam isn’t just “an NFL QB”

He’s a former MVP with incredible natural talent that overcame a relatively poor fundamental throwing motion and (for a while) injuries.

I was at the Cleveland game that year. Cam just couldn't throw deep and the Panthers should have still won the game.
Steelers game was same night as the Jamie Newman State game. I expected that to be a blowout so focused on the Panthers game. I quickly realized that it was in fact the opposite.

Last edited:
The win over the Ravens that year was the last Flacco start for Baltimore. The Lamar Jackson era started the next week.

Is there any position the Panthers are stronger at now than 5 years ago?

it's amazing how shitty our roster is

i was flipping through pff lineups, and i think the cardinals are the only team that do not have multiple players that would be our best player

even the bears.... DJ Moore (sigh), Jaylon Johnson has been a shutdown corner, Teven Jenkins a beast at RG, TJ Edwards a really good LB, and Eddie Jackson

Kicker?

Punter I think
Kicker if you don't count Gano because he was injured that season.
Punter yes.

The starting LT was Chris Clark who I don't even remember because bad Kalil was injured.

Back