• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

from what i've gathered from indy fans.... they all like reich and think he's a good coach and was the scapegoat for a shitty owner/front office

however - reich is super christian (hence his connection with wentz) and was too nice to push back on the shitty front office. also seems to get a tight butthole in high pressure moments in important games.

from what i've gathered from indy fans.... they all like reich and think he's a good coach and was the scapegoat for a shitty owner/front office

however - reich is super christian (hence his connection with wentz) and was too nice to push back on the shitty front office. also seems to get a tight butthole in high pressure moments in important games.
Rivers too. Dunno about Ryan.

Carolina traded up to No. 3 overall and then to No. 1 overall. It is a similar model that Philadelphia used to select Carson Wentz in 2016. Philadelphia sent players, including Kiko Alonso and the No. 13 overall selection to Miami in exchange for the No. 8 overall selection. Then, it flipped that to Cleveland for the No. 2 overall selection. With the No. 1 overall selection, the Panthers select Bryce Young.

Here are the Philly trades in 2016

No. 8: Miami → Philadelphia (PD). Miami traded its first-round selection (8th) to Philadelphia in exchange for linebacker Kiko Alonso, cornerback Byron Maxwell, and Philadelphia's first-round selection (13th).[source 3]

No. 2: Cleveland → Philadelphia (PD). Cleveland traded this selection (2nd) and a conditional fifth-round selection in 2017 (this selection would be upgraded to a compensatory fourth-round selection if the Browns receive one in 2017) to Philadelphia in exchange for Philadelphia's first-round, third-round, and fourth-round selections in this years draft (8th, 77th, and 100th) as well as Philadelphia's first-round selection in the 2017 NFL Draft and second-round selection in the 2018 NFL Draft.[source 2]

So this mock says the Panthers could trade the #9 pick and players to the Cardinals for #3. Then trade #3, #93, and #113 and a 2023 1st and 2024 2nd to the Bears for #1.

I think something like that could possibly work but I'm not sure what players the Cardinals would want. Moving up to 3 would probably cost a 2nd and players. Moving from #3 to #1 would probably cost a future 1st or both 2nds.

Joe Person's take with some tidbits.

A report by NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero indicated it was not Wilks, but Kellen Moore — the Cowboys’ 34-year-old offensive coordinator — who finished as the runner-up to Reich. But the Panthers didn’t establish a pecking order behind Reich after deciding he was their guy, according to a source with knowledge of the search.
The Panthers were impressed with the staff Reich has rounded up. These aren’t “wish list” assistants, but guys who have already committed to joining Reich in Charlotte. It won’t include Wilks, who was informed by Tepper that he wasn’t getting the job just moments before the Panthers announced Reich on Thursday afternoon.

So hopefully we'll start getting news about the staff tomorrow or Monday.

Battle for fourth place in the SEC East draws a lot of eyeballs.

I'll take a tight butthole over getting repeatedly plowed in the ass by a washed up Tom Brady and Mike Evans.

Looks like Wilks is a big fan of that Jesus guy as well. OGB was in a lose/lose situation against the thumpers. Condolences

Trubisky was a marginally better player IMO, but good comparison. How that clown got drafted #2...🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
They definitely setting up Levis to be the next Trubisky. Just hope the Panthers don't fall in that trap.

They definitely setting up Levis to be the next Trubisky. Just hope the Panthers don't fall in that trap.
I saw a new podcast yesterday with Todd and Mel. They both have Young #1. Mel has Levis #2 and loves him, whereas Todd has Levis #3 and likes him a lot. They both like AR but agreed he'll have to sit for 1-2 years before he's ready.

Back