• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

I still think that not enough bad things can be said about the DJ Johnson trade.

A team that just drafted a QB #1 overall and had holes everywhere on the roster chose to give up a 4th round pick in order to move up 13 spots in the 3rd round. Then with the acquired pick they drafted a player who isn't even good enough to be on the gameday active roster. Johnson was known to be a project as a player, and we gave up draft capital to move up to acquire him and add him to a team that desperately needs holes filled. It's just an indefensibly stupid move.

Also he’s already 25 years old.

Anybody else thought of a possible reason the OC or DC wasn't promoted to interim and instead chose the special teams coordinator ? Could it have at least entered into it that Tepper likely knows he won't promote either of them to head coach and doesn't want to be called out that he didn't keep the black interim coach - again - for the head job (assuming some sort of Wilks-like success)?

Some journalist on twitter speculated that the franchise already looks like shit so why tarnish the potential future as a head coach for either of the young coordinators.

Okay, wasn't sure what you meant. But at some point he figured out he wanted to be a professional basketball player, so it made sense that he continued to play basketball. I'm still not sure how LaRue had an NBA career.
And then Ward went into HS football coaching, including a stint at my rival school

Thought it was his shoulder.
Okay, wasn't sure what you meant. But at some point he figured out he wanted to be a professional basketball player, so it made sense that he continued to play basketball. I'm still not sure how LaRue had an NBA career.

Chill had a knee injury while at Wake
Also had multiple shoulder dislocations. The shoulder particularly carried into his (limited) NBA time.

Rusty not only played in the NBA, he has a ring from being 13th guy on Bulls bench. Rusty was a pure shooter. That kept him in the NBA for a little while.

In my one experience coaching against Third Leg Greg a few years ago, he was an above-average 10U travel baseball third base coach. I’d say that makes him more qualified than Caldwell at this point to lead the Panthers.

I hope not Greg, I laughed at Indy for Saturday…what about Bieniemy?

Not sure how many coaches will say yes, tbh, we are a shit show owned by a fucking clown. Bieniemy Would probably say yes…maybe have an idea on how to fix the offense?

I’ll say it, doesn’t Bieniemy have too much luggage? His past and his season in Washington does not scream a quality hire.

Back