• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

That’s the point of the test. They send results to the team. If they did flag the results as invalid it stands to reason they told the teams.

Now if you think the invalid flag is a lie so be it, but having an invalid flag and not telling the team just doesn’t make any sense
Pretty sure one team administered the test and it leaked public.

He took it twice per the Panthers request, if you remember what I said back then. The first time was so low that they thought it was just that, an invalid test or that he didn’t take it seriously. Then he took it again and essentially the same result. So this report is sort of correct I guess but it’s missing the reality. The teams knew he took two tests. Some of you will remember my posts on this. But it certainly seems it doesn’t matter at this point. He’s good.

Have you seen Penix Video in reverse? His throwing motion is much cleaner as a righty. My concern with him is injury history and age.
No I haven't. I'm not as concerned about his injury history because he's made it through 2 injury free seasons at UW. And I really don't pay attention to age. That was used as a negative against Hooker last year and will be against Nix and Penix this year. So he only has a 10-11 year pro career. And with some guys, it just takes longer for the light to turn on. So my eye test would take Penix, Nix and McCarthy in that order.

I like Pierce but don't know how he's going to overcome Mark Davis with O'Connell at QB and not picking till 13. They'll probably do well enough to win 7-9 games and be in the same situation next year.
I don’t read pff so I’m not going to act like I know what they are going to do. Pierce is a leader of men, it is working for Detroit so far. To me it seems like more NFL owners would be looking that way rather than trying to find the sexy coordinator.

I would just like to point out that as bad as Stroud and Slowik looked on Saturday when facing pressure, is as bad as either/both of them would be with the Panthers' Oline on a weekly basis. #Slowikout #Hellnoslow

I would just like to point out that as bad as Stroud and Slowik looked on Saturday when facing pressure, is as bad as either/both of them would be with the Panthers' Oline on a weekly basis. #Slowikout #Hellnoslow
I don't think Stroud played poorly at all. He hung in and made a lot of great throws in the 1st half and didn't turn it over despite facing a ton of pressure in the 2nd half. Stroud and Slowik are rock stars, and Slowik will be a HC within the next week or 2.

I don't think Stroud played poorly at all. He hung in and made a lot of great throws in the 1st half and didn't turn it over despite facing a ton of pressure in the 2nd half. Stroud and Slowik are rock stars, and Slowik will be a HC within the next week or 2.
you can't have this conversation with 2&2. he's convinced Stroud sucks

And it was in what was, and I cannot overstate this enough, a playoff game.
I went to the opening day game where we won something like 24-9. He had pretty consistent pressure most all game. Still completed some great throws, didn't turn it over and completed over half his passes, and we were impressed with him. My friend and I left the game not too impressed with the Ravens because we thought the Texans sucked but talked several weeks later after they were winning some games and then said in retrospect that that was a pretty solid win. Dude is fearless and is good about throwing it away and not taking unnecessary sacks. I already have him in my top 5 after what may have been the best rookie QB year ever.

seeing that TB and GB are actually solid makes me feel slightly better about bryce

Back