• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

What if the Panthers selected Victor Wembanyama? #galaxybrain

If the Panthers and the Hornets each ended up with the first draft pick this year, that would be … a little exciting. I wonder when the last time a city has gotten/obtained both. Cleveland maybe.

If the Panthers and the Hornets each ended up with the first draft pick this year, that would be … a little exciting. I wonder when the last time a city has gotten/obtained both. Cleveland maybe.
lol at the notion that the NBA is going to THIS lottery win go to the QC. No, this will be another year of crying about someone not the top pick. See Davis, Anthony or Howard, Dwight for comparison.

Levis and Stroud visiting Panthers Tuesday

Any coincidence that the Panthers blue is darkening to be closer to Kentucky blue ? I think not

Last edited:
I never understand this argument.
How do you compare OSU QB's under Jim Tressel to those under Ryan Day ?

And shouldn't the question be who's the last (insert school here) QB that met their draft expectation ? Wouldn't that be more telling ?
Well, Ryan Day was the last OC under Urban Meyer so that's two regimes at least. And it's very relevant to tell whether a QB is successful because of himself or whether it's just the system. I seem to remember the same argument being made by all of the people who thought Dwayne Haskins was a great prospect too.

Well, Ryan Day was the last OC under Urban Meyer so that's two regimes at least. And it's very relevant to tell whether a QB is successful because of himself or whether it's just the system. I seem to remember the same argument being made by all of the people who thought Dwayne Haskins was a great prospect too.
Then reference the coach or system they are under not the school.

lol at the notion that the NBA is going to THIS lottery win go to the QC. No, this will be another year of crying about someone not the top pick. See Davis, Anthony or Howard, Dwight for comparison.

I don’t think Dwight Howard was losing the lottery. I think the Bobcats got the 4th pick and then traded up to 2 to select Emeka Okafor behind Howard.

But yes I fully expect the Hornets to not win this lottery. Bill Simmons and Ryen Russilo pissed me off this week when they both agreed the team they least want to win the lottery is Charlotte. It hasn’t been a well run team but the Hornets have to absolutely be the unluckiest franchise in terms of draft slotting which over the course of two decades is certainly significant.

The rumor going on now is that Stroud can be difficult to coach. And there was speculation that Houston may not take him. The 1st may be true, but I can't believe the 2nd. It'd be malpractice to sit at 2, need a QB and not take the obvious QB.

Houston will not take Stroud. I said that weeks ago. They’re not gonna deal with Watsons agent.

Houston will not take Stroud. I said that weeks ago. They’re not gonna deal with Watsons agent.
That's monumentally stupid. You don't cancel out a whole category of draftable players just because you don't like a certain agency. They don't have a QB, and Stroud is plug in and play. Levis and AR15 are both risky and not ready to play. But if that happens, Zona is going to profit big time because they're going to get a haul.

That's monumentally stupid. You don't cancel out a whole category of draftable players just because you don't like a certain agency. They don't have a QB, and Stroud is plug in and play. Levis and AR15 are both risky and not ready to play. But if that happens, Zona is going to profit big time because they're going to get a haul.
It is the fucking Texans bro.

Back