• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

i'm not saying bryce is a bust

but there is little evidence (yet) that he's good

even trevor lawrence every now and then would have a "holy shit" type throw that would remind you why he was the #1 pick. it's progress if bryce completes the ball more than 10 yards.
Doesn't he lead the NFL in some sort of advanced metric of "on target throws" or something like that? Feel like it was posted on here. Panthers are also DFL (by far I believe) in WR separation.

In the CMC trade we got:
  • 1 of the 4 picks sent along with DJ Moore to get Bryce Young
  • #93 and #132 in 2023 that ended up getting packaged together to jump to #80 to get DJ Johnson
  • A 2024 5th
That trade looks a lot better if Bryce was having the year we expected and if our idiot GM didn't do what he did with the 3rd and 4th rounders
the dj johnson trade might somehow be worse than the bryce trade

Doesn't he lead the NFL in some sort of advanced metric of "on target throws" or something like that? Feel like it was posted on here. Panthers are also DFL (by far I believe) in WR separation.
yeah but wasn't it countered by so many of those passes being behind/at the LOS?

Where? Good ones don't grow on trees
It will be very easy to find an upgrade over the current LT, who is nothing more than a tackling dummy against a speed rush.

To answer your question, we should draft a tackle with our 2nd round pick and pay up for one in free agency.

So, looking at the positive, we had $57 million in dead money against the cap this year. As of right now, we have $1 million next year. That will go up, but we have money to burn at least.

I'm #YoungWaitandSee, but whether or not a QB can be successful with a great roster feels like a poor metric for evaluation.

That’d be a poor metric sure but I think replace “great” with “NFL-caliber” is fair. Especially with the o line. They’re so amazingly bad with pass protection.

So, looking at the positive, we had $57 million in dead money against the cap this year. As of right now, we have $1 million next year. That will go up, but we have money to burn at least.
can you buy draft picks? asking for a friend

That’d be a poor metric sure but I think replace “great” with “NFL-caliber” is fair. Especially with the o line. They’re so amazingly bad with pass protection.
Hell of a trade to draft "NFL-caliber"

The fall of the Fourth Reich is a nice little birthday present to me on this Monday morning. But until Fitt is gone and Tepper gets out of his own way, this franchise remains doomed.

What did y'all want out of the CMC trade? Him to stay here and rot on 4-13 teams the rest of his prime? What is this team with CMC? 3-8 at best? We maybe beat Atlanta week 1 if Miles doesn't fumble. I just don't get the hate for that trade. It was a good return. We just botched the picks.

without nick sirianni on his staff, reich is 13-23-1 as a head coach

What did y'all want out of the CMC trade? Him to stay here and rot on 4-13 teams the rest of his prime? What is this team with CMC? 3-8 at best? We maybe beat Atlanta week 1 if Miles doesn't fumble. I just don't get the hate for that trade. It was a good return. We just botched the picks.
agreed

and we should have traded Burns

Reich has the shortest tenure as a head coach since 1978, and is the first to be fired mid season in back to back years.

And also should have let Wilks coach the team this season. He earned the job at the end of last season.

we'd be in decent shape if wilks had got a shot this year, but was 1-11 and we had the #1 pick in 2024 and DJ Moore and a new head coach

C-MC wanted nothing to do with playing on knee shredding field turf for a minimum of 8 games a year. He would have begged out eventually.

Only decent decision of Tepper's was allowing concerts at Bank of America stadium. Every thing else is a shit show.

CMC also went from a total pansy to superman when it came to playing through injuries once he was on a competent team.

Back