• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

Well in all likelihood if the Panthers had a middle of the league offense their defense would be even better due to less time on the field etc.
What are you hearing about Fit? To me, they have to can him and have a shake up with their college scouting if they're going to have any chance to improve.

Kind of wild that the far sturdier looking Anthony Richardson and CJ Stroud ended up having worse injury marred seasons than Bryce to varying degrees.

Kind of wild that the far sturdier looking Anthony Richardson and CJ Stroud ended up having worse injury marred seasons than Bryce to varying degrees.
Agree. Knock on wood but the one thing I have been impressed with with a Bryce is either avoiding bad hits and when big hits do happen, he gets right back up.

Christian McCaffrey was 23 years old the last time he played an entire healthy season in Carolina, and he had 19td that season. We finished 5-11, so…good for him I guess.

CMC was not injury-prone. He had one real injury and the rest we sat him out for draft position. Never understood the Panthers fans acting like he just shut it down himself every year.

Not really. Richardson played like a dumbass in college running headfirst and was repeatedly injured, which was one of his biggest knocks coming out. If he got hurt in college playing like that, he is obviously going to get hurt in the NFL. Stroud is clearly a dumbass in general given his test scores. Bryce has never really been hurt despite his size, he knows how to avoid contact. That does not mean his size is not a hindrance in other areas, though.

CMC was not injury-prone. He had one real injury and the rest we sat him out for draft position. Never understood the Panthers fans acting like he just shut it down himself every year.
This is not correct. As hard as it is to believe, CMC wouldn't play at times the Panthers staff and brass thought he was good to play. It pissed off Tepper, Fitterer, and the coaching staff to the point he was being called soft among them. It actually played at least some part in the Panthers' willingness to make the trade.

Last edited:

in 2020 he played 3 games and in 2021 he played 7 games

we traded him in 2022

Eh, every mediocre QB performance now becomes one of the best ever because of how the game has changed in recent years. Historical context is useless and just serves to artificially drive expectations. I will say congratulations to CJ Stroud that he has not been converted to Wide Receiver, converted to Punter, or run over by a dump truck while drunk on the side of the road, all of which already makes him the greatest NFL QB in tOSU's 100+ year football history.

Nice to see Bryce get a win yesterday, and the WRs finally helping him a little at the end. The Panthers are going to be stuck with him for a few years either way, so hopefully he gets some confidence and they can find a coach who can design an offense around his strengths to get some wins. It's really crazy how Chark can look like complete ass all year and then pull off that catch in the rain.
Come on dude. Stroud has a 4/1 TD/INT ratio with a positive 60% completion rate. All this playing for a team that was a dumpster fire last year. Those are great metrics for any QB ever.

I was on the Ohio State QBs are more likely to die playing in traffic high on ketamine than be NFL calibre as well, but at some point you just need to be honest.

Tepper going to ousted as owner because he showed up on Epstein's list???

Tepper going to ousted as owner because he showed up on Epstein's list???
Just because you invested with Epstein or went to some of his lavish parties back in the day doesn't mean you took part in any sex trafficking or sex with minors - or knew of any of that. Clinton and Trump were pals of his, but neither has been linked to Epstein's sex activities. If they had, I'm sure 1 of the victims would have said something by now. I recall that Virginia Gioffre (sp?) saying that she met Clinton on the aid plane trip to Africa, and she said he was very nice. (That said, I'd bet anything that Alan Dershowitz was involved in sex misdeeds.) OTOH, if you've had any dealings with Epstein in the last 12-15 years once that stuff went semi-public, the presumption might be otherwise because that when all his friends and associates deserted him and ran for the hills.

Add to that, Tepper is an NFL owner. You could have a picture of Tepper hanging with Epstein and Prince Andrew circa 2015, and Park Avenue would go out of its way to not investigate it. But have that same photo with an NFL player, and he'd probably be barred from the league permanently.

Is that based on this parody post?

Back