• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 College Football Coaching Carousel

Just watched his intro presser. Give Elko credit. He sincerely thanked Clawson for giving him a chance in coaching.

Classy comments.

Hey I’m happy as hell for him and would like to extend my thanks to him for bailing on Duke after only 2 years. Having to hear all about Duke football has been terrible. As if these people cared at all for the last decade.

I think Mike Elko is a terrific coach. I hope he has a lot of success. He’s going to get paid and he deserves it.
I think Clawson is a great coach and I am glad he stayed at Wake because he could have taken Elko’s track. He has done more with less and hasn’t been paid a ton. I personally think Wake administration is having a hard time getting on board with NIL and the portal. There is a reckoning coming for Wake Forest sports and it isn’t about Dave Clawson.

Football (defense) and men's basketball have had a ton of success in the portal. Wake administration isn't stopping things there.

Ain’t it the truth, at least Clawson looks like he could get out and hand a little bit in conditioning drills. I used to think the same thing about Ralph Friedgen at Maryland, the fat coach Kansas used to have and Charlie Weiss. If I was a player I’d be like “I’m 6 percent body fat and you’re 160 percent body fat and you’re yelling at me about conditioning???”
I guess that’s why Kliff Kingsbury was so successful as a head coach. It isn’t a beauty pageant. Andy Reid and Bill Belichick don’t seem to care either.

Maybe Elko can make up for Jimbo’s cowardice and schedule a series with us

UCLA may be open too. Didn't realize Houston fired Dana Holgorsen. Boise playing for the MWC Championship. Rumors are that they want to hire Chargers OC Kellen Moore.

Who on earth could ULM possibly get to be their coach?

Good for Elko. He's been there before and made it out, maybe he can pull that off again. TAMU people always reminded me of our Wolfpack friends.

I will hate it if Calhoun goes to duke. Would think he’d be on a call list if claw left

Why did AtM only offer $11.5M? Just offer any amount. It’s not like they’ll win anything.

They’re the Jets of the NCAA.
They will still be paying Jimbo after the six year term of this agreement is up!

I hope we go after Brad White if Clawson ever leaves
I will hate it if Calhoun goes to duke. Would think he’d be on a call list if claw left
Those two, Troy Calhoun and Brad White , should be programmed on Currie's phone already. After that, it's MAC coaches that would be a good fit. Then other G5 head coaches, again, fit for Wake would matter.

Another possibility is Wake alum Danny Rocco, currently VMI HC. He had success at Liberty, Richmond and U of Delaware. UD fired him after a down 2021 season. He did his rehab analyst year at Penn State and them took the VMI HC job. He was CAA Coach of the year while at Richmond and Delaware.

Back