• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 College Football Coaching Carousel

Did he request to see the playbook to prepare for the interview?
Looks like IU is closing in on Curt Cignetti from James Madison. Happy to see it if it happens. His resume is very impressive.

that seems like a real dumb move on his part
He's 62 and if he wants chance in a power conference, the time is probably now. The other important factor is that IU apparently has a large NIL program that it's promising the new coach will have at his disposal. Why that wasn't the case previously for Tom Allen I have no idea.

Depends on how he feels about being given a ton of money. I'm for it, personally, but maybe that's just me.

I guess Mike Hart didn't get positive signals from the interview.
seems like he could get tons of money from other programs that are not in bad places and historically bad in football

seems like he could get tons of money from other programs that are not in bad places and historically bad in football

It's been a while since I looked at Winsipedia: it appears that Indiana has the worst winning percentage in P5 school history (.418), just below our Deacs (.420).

It's been a while since I looked at Winsipedia: it appears that Indiana has the worst winning percentage in P5 school history (.418), just below our Deacs (.420).
Tom Allen was 15 games under .500 since taking over full-time in 2017 while Clawson is 13 games over .500 over that same span.

Money grab for Cignetti. At 62, he can't wait for a better opening. IU will be looking for a new coach on or before December 2026.

IU's roster has a fair amount of young talent that was recruited after IU's winning seasons under Allen. And if it's true that the new NIL program is well funded, there's a sales pitch to make to a coach who has a history of winning at lower levels.

If Lance Leipold can do it at Kansas, why can't a guy like Cignetti do it at IU?

IU's roster has a fair amount of young talent that was recruited after IU's winning seasons under Allen. And if it's true that the new NIL program is well funded, there's a sales pitch to make to a coach who has a history of winning at lower levels.

If Lance Leipold can do it at Kansas, why can't a guy like Cignetti do it at IU?

Agreed. while Indiana isn't a hotbed of football talent- it's certainly better than Kansas.

Apparently its finalizing. Glad he isn't going to duke.

Agreed- need for them to promote from within in my opinion and they might have to based on timing. Yeah, I know Duke was Elko's first HC job but that's the exception not the rule. Generally speaking, Duke (much like Wake) is too hard of a job for it to be your first HC job. Better off hiring a G5 or mid-major coach so let's hope they don't do that :)

Back