• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Football Schedule

Why a loss to Syracuse? They lost all their coaches. Tucker and their stud dbs transferred. Giving the Dome too much credit here

Tucker entered the NFL draft, right?
He's a beast of a runner. For you other olds out there, he runs like Earl Campbell.

In 1981 and 1982 we only played 4 home games each season. In 1982 we "sold" our home game with Clemson to the Mirage Bowl in Japan. Don't know why we only played 4 home games in 1981 but for some reason we played at Richmond in 1981, 1983 and 1984; while we only played them at home in 1987.
Wasnt the 96 home fsu game also “sold” to play in Orlando?

Not a new one. ND has plenty of talent at QB. Their #1 just happened to be injured most of the year. He had a hell of a bowl game against SC.
Could be wrong for sure, but this feels like another "that player that was really good for us and transferred to a big midwest market is actually really good" situation.

One of the many unfortunate drawbacks of the portal is that Sam's pro day will be in South Bend, right? Hurts WF players to not get that extra exposure.

Could be wrong for sure, but this feels like another "that player that was really good for us and transferred to a big midwest market is actually really good" situation.

One of the many unfortunate drawbacks of the portal is that Sam's pro day will be in South Bend, right? Hurts WF players to not get that extra exposure.
Doesn't have to be. No pro day in 23. He's in school. Sam would do pro day in spring 24 and that could be at Wake. He could demonstrate his "Deacon forever" pledge by doing so.

I think it remains to be seen whether Sam would draw a big crowd of scouts for a pro day, wherever it is.

Yeah. AT Perry is going to be the draw for this Pro Day.

Yeah. AT Perry is going to be the draw for this Pro Day.

You guys keep up with NFL much more than I do but it seems to me NFL scouts would be absolutely salivating over AT Perry. Seems to check all the boxes from what I can tell.

You projecting him a late 1st rounder Ph?

In 1981 and 1982 we only played 4 home games each season. In 1982 we "sold" our home game with Clemson to the Mirage Bowl in Japan. Don't know why we only played 4 home games in 1981 but for some reason we played at Richmond in 1981, 1983 and 1984; while we only played them at home in 1987.
I remember one season in the early 80’s we played at Boston University, not Boston College, Boston U. They folded their football program not too many years after that I think.

I'm surprised AT is just 6'3 1/2. He looks all of 6'5 on the field. I guess we'd have had to see him next to Scotty Washington to tell the difference.

I remember one season in the early 80’s we played at Boston University, not Boston College, Boston U. They folded their football program not too many years after that I think.

I actually was at this game. My wife's family is from Boston. It literally, I'm not lying, was the size of a high school stadium. We're talking metal bleachers erected around a field.

But the funniest part is their hockey team was having an exhibition game before the season began. The arena is right beside the football stadium. We walked into the arena during the football halftime. There were FAR MORE people watching exhibition hockey than the damn football game!

Btw, if you've never been to Boston, HIGHLY recommend. Great craft beers and wonderful food.

I actually was at this game. My wife's family is from Boston. It literally, I'm not lying, was the size of a high school stadium. We're talking metal bleachers erected around a field.

But the funniest part is their hockey team was having an exhibition game before the season began. The arena is right beside the football stadium. We walked into the arena during the football halftime. There were FAR MORE people watching exhibition hockey than the damn football game!

Btw, if you've never been to Boston, HIGHLY recommend. Great craft beers and wonderful food.
Lived in New England for 7 years in both Providence and Boston. Providence is far better. My biggest complaint about Boston is actually that I think the food scene blows.

Boston U's old football stadium, before a massive reconfiguration, was once the home of the Boston Braves. The Red Sox played their World Series games there in 1915-16 because it was bigger than Fenway. Babe Ruth played home games there in his last year in the major leagues.

Lived in New England for 7 years in both Providence and Boston. Providence is far better. My biggest complaint about Boston is actually that I think the food scene blows.

Saw a John Denver concert in Providence in some park right next to Brown University. Not sure the park's name but it was a pretty cool experience. And, yes, Rhode Island has some gorgeous areas on the coast.

Back