• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Football Schedule

6 wins should be the floor. Who is taking the 6.5 over?
I wouldn’t be shocked with anywhere between 4 and 8 wins. It’s hard to have any idea until we see Griffis against some real competition. He could be very raw or he could be polished after 3 years in the program.

Jesus Christ our schedule sucks. Might not renew my season tickets after all and just get them off stubhub the week before each game

Initial reaction -

8/31 (Thursday) – Elon (W)
9/9 – Vanderbilt (W)
9/16 – @ Old Dominion (W)
9/23 – Georgia Tech (W)
9/30 – BYE
10/7 – @ Clemson (L)
10/14 – @ Virginia Tech (L)
10/21 - Pitt (W)
10/28 - FSU (L)
11/2 (Thursday) - @ Duke (W)
11/11 - NC State (W)
11/18 - @ ND (L)
11/25 - @ Cuse (L)

7-5 (4-4)
Why a loss to Syracuse? They lost all their coaches. Tucker and their stud dbs transferred. Giving the Dome too much credit here

Obviously I could look it up, but do we typically have only 6 home games, or is 7 more the norm?
I remember 1 season in the 80's where I'm pretty sure we sold several home games and ended up only playing 4 in the friendly confines of Groves Stadium.

Obviously I could look it up, but do we typically have only 6 home games, or is 7 more the norm?
I remember 1 season in the 80's where I'm pretty sure we sold several home games and ended up only playing 4 in the friendly confines of Groves Stadium.
The norm is 6.5 per year or alternating 6 and 7

4 home and 4 road ACC games
1 FCS home game every year
The rest - P5, G5, whatever, are home and home so we get 1.5 home per year

Way back when, we used to be able to schedule teams like Northern Illinois for 2 home and 1 road. They still owe us a home game from that arrangement, currently scheduled for 2026 but it’s been pushed back a ton. We don’t get those contracts any more. Example: Ga State is a home and home series.

Of course we also sold out a home ND game to Charlotte in 2020, and it went away and did not get replaced.

In 1981 and 1982 we only played 4 home games each season. In 1982 we "sold" our home game with Clemson to the Mirage Bowl in Japan. Don't know why we only played 4 home games in 1981 but for some reason we played at Richmond in 1981, 1983 and 1984; while we only played them at home in 1987.

Back