• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Football Schedule

Saw a John Denver concert in Providence in some park right next to Brown University. Not sure the park's name but it was a pretty cool experience. And, yes, Rhode Island has some gorgeous areas on the coast.
Probably India Point or Roger Williams. That’s a cool area! Lived there for 5 years while I was at Brown.

You guys keep up with NFL much more than I do but it seems to me NFL scouts would be absolutely salivating over AT Perry. Seems to check all the boxes from what I can tell.

You projecting him a late 1st rounder Ph?
Hard to say. If a team needs a WR, really likes him, and doesn't think he'll be there until they pick again, sure. But based on what's out there, late 2nd or 3rd seems much more likely.

If you look at the Football Deacs in the NFL thread, Perry is getting a lot of great buzz.

Hard to say. If a team needs a WR, really likes him, and doesn't think he'll be there until they pick again, sure. But based on what's out there, late 2nd or 3rd seems much more likely.

If you look at the Football Deacs in the NFL thread, Perry is getting a lot of great buzz.
The concern seems to be related to top end speed and acceleration. Skill and size wise, he’s definitely there.

So a gigantic lack of home games in the best part of the year to attend home games. Then we also end with 2 on the road.
Early to mid October yes, but late October and early November are usually good weather wise.

Speaking of schedules, Phillips seems to be pushing for the conference to mandate no G5 or FCS, i.e. all 12 games vs. Power 5. If our typical 3-5/4-4 conf. results under Clawson occurs going forward, you could also make the case that we'd typically go 2-2 against a P5 nonconference schedule. Point being, most of our "gaudy" (by Wake standards) seasons with 8+ wins, or our 6-6/7-5 years to just make bow eligibility, occurred by going 4-0 or 3-1 against a nonconference slate of FCS and Group 5, with the occasional P5 (particularly Vandy) sprinkled in. The road for Wake as a small private has always been tough, but this move could make it even harder.

No, he's just asking schools not to play away games at G5 schools.

We have played a P5 school out of conference every year except for Clawson's first season- 2015 Indiana, 2016 Indiana, 2017 Notre Dame, 2018 Notre Dame, 2019 UNC, 2020 Notre Dame (canceled due to Covid), 2021 UNC, 2022 Vandy, 2023 Vandy. We are 3-4 in those games.

ACC rules say you have to play at least one non-con vs. a P5 or Notre Dame

There's no way we're only playing p5 schools

We have played a P5 school out of conference every year except for Clawson's first season- 2015 Indiana, 2016 Indiana, 2017 Notre Dame, 2018 Notre Dame, 2019 UNC, 2020 Notre Dame (canceled due to Covid), 2021 UNC, 2022 Vandy, 2023 Vandy. We are 3-4 in those games.
I have zero recollection of those two games against Indiana. Weird

I was in Vegas for the away game at IU and that's why I remember it.

They beat us in Winston and we beat them in Bloomington. That UNC dweeb Kevin Wilson was coaching them at the time and as I recall made some snarky comments about Wake after their win in 2015.

They beat us in Winston and we beat them in Bloomington. That UNC dweeb Kevin Wilson was coaching them at the time and as I recall made some snarky comments about Wake after their win in 2015.
That win at IU is when I really started to believe in Clawson.

They had some donk qb that wore a number in the 20s

I have zero recollection of those two games against Indiana. Weird
Lasting memory of the game at Indiana was Jesse Bates breakout game. He had a pick six and another pick.

Lasting memory of the home loss to IU was that Kendall Hinton (at QB) led a late comeback.

Last edited:
Didn't he say something to the effect that they never expected to lose to a Wake Forest? I recall it as being classless.

I remember one season in the early 80’s we played at Boston University, not Boston College, Boston U. They folded their football program not too many years after that I think.
We also played at William & Mary in 1980; the year after the Tangerine Bowl season. That game was played in early October, whihc depending on the weather was probably a nice road game experience.
Back then we might not have any of our games televised for several seasons, so coming off the Tangerine Bowl season it was a big deal that we opened vs. Virginia Tech on regional t.v. We went 5-6 that year but coulda/shoulda: 1 pt. losses to USC and MD, 2 pts. to Clemson and 3 pts. to UVA.

Back