• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Football Schedule

Seems like a fairly big change IMO. That much less time for the offense to think/plan/operate. This will definitely cost some teams in important spots this fall who haven’t yet adjusted.

Seems like a fairly big change IMO. That much less time for the offense to think/plan/operate. This will definitely cost some teams in important spots this fall who haven’t yet adjusted.
I mean it doesn't change the play clock at all it's just that the clock keeps running.

End of half / end of game situations.
The clock will still stop after first downs in the last two minutes of each half.

The only thing you might notice is a team that's a couple of scores behind might go into hurry-up mode sooner in the second half.

The clock will still stop after first downs in the last two minutes of each half.

The only thing you might notice is a team that's a couple of scores behind might go into hurry-up mode sooner in the second half.

Got it.

I predict an increase in defense “injuries”
Yep. They really need to do something to address that. My suggestion is that a player who is injured and causes a time out has to sit out the rest of that series. If a player is truly hurt, it would be helpful for them to recover. But if the player is just trying to get a free TO or slow down the other time, it would be a much more difficult decision about it being worth missing multiple plays.

Yep. They really need to do something to address that. My suggestion is that a player who is injured and causes a time out has to sit out the rest of that series. If a player is truly hurt, it would be helpful for them to recover. But if the player is just trying to get a free TO or slow down the other time, it would be a much more difficult decision about it being worth missing multiple plays.
I dont know what the solution is but the league needs to enforce harsh punishment when NC ST, I mean players, try to pull that shit.

You know, it's linear.

Like sequential, following a series of steps. Game 1 is at a normal time of 7 pm. Logically, game 2 will be at 11:00 am.

Duh.

WF is really kicking off the Vandy game at 11 am? Apparently, to allow for a 2:15 kickoff for the Charleston Southern v. Clemson game.

Back