• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Football Schedule

Unfortunate that the Vandy-WF game is at 11:00 and on the ACCN.

However, if WF wants to play non-conference games at better times and on better networks, WF should schedule better than the worst P5 team in the country.

Understand WF is also playing at Notre Dame, but our OOC schedule is very poor more often than not.
Yep. As long as WF schedules like its goal is to eek out 7 regular season wins, WF will get screwed on its time slots for OOC games.

UVA is playing Tennessee and Maryland. Pitt, like WF, plays at ND. Pitt also plays West Virginia and Cincy in 2023. When WF's OOC schedule includes Vandy, Elon and ODU, those game aren't drawing eyes to the ACC or WF football.

So UVa got a better time and slot vs. JMU because they're playing Tennessee and Maryland? And Wake got screwed vs. Vandy because of scheduling Elon and ODU?

Of all our non conference games, this one is supposed to mean more.

Actually you’ll probably see more teams with weird times when the goal is to maximize content for people’s eye holes. Getting ours out of the way when a team is traveling east from another time zone isn’t the worst thing in the world. Don’t let me get in the way of the sky falling on your masochist dicks though.

Yep. As long as WF schedules like its goal is to eek out 7 regular season wins, WF will get screwed on its time slots for OOC games.

UVA is playing Tennessee and Maryland. Pitt, like WF, plays at ND. Pitt also plays West Virginia and Cincy in 2023. When WF's OOC schedule includes Vandy, Elon and ODU, those game aren't drawing eyes to the ACC or WF football.

Random overshare - I just got flights to the ODU game from Maine for $27 each way. See you all there hopefully...

Is this the place to say 7 straight bowl games (with one winning conference record over that stretch) isn’t that amazing an accomplishment…if we weren’t Wake Forest with like 10 total bowl games before that?

Probably not.

Random overshare - I just got flights to the ODU game from Maine for $27 each way. See you all there hopefully...
Oh wow. I’m still debating that one. The wife is from VA Beach which means we have to go to that hellhole too often as it is.

Week 2 has 'ville and FSU kicking off a 7:30 and 8:30 respectively. Does that mean regional coveragge, or one gets moved to ACCN+?
Louisville game is on Thursday night in Week 2.

The ACC seems to like this quadruple-header on ACCN in Week 2 recently (when it seems like the conference has an inordinate amount of home non-conference games....in fact, all 14 teams play a home non-conference game in Week 2 this year, and they still haven't assigned TV windows for the Syracuse or Pittsburgh home games that week). That forces them to squeeze some TV windows into odd times. At least it looks like the Ballys/RSN deal is no longer a thing for 2023.

So Wake Football deleted the original post with the 11 AM start time because people reacted somewhat negatively to it and they didn't want that out there for all eternity.
Looks like they reposted.

I guess the social media manager lives in Clemmons

So Wake Football deleted the original post with the 11 AM start time because people reacted somewhat negatively to it and they didn't want that out there for all eternity.
I assume they deleted because the original graphic mixed up the networks for the last two games - it had the ODU game on ESPN and the Duke game on either ESPN2 or ESPNU.

I don’t ever recall an 11am eastern time start. Perhaps I haven’t been around long enough or I’m forgetting a game.

Back