• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 MLB Thread -- World Champion Rangers - Hot Stove Warming Up - Soto to the Yanks - Ohtani's destination unknown

Also seeing something on Twitter that the mom told wander her daughter was 18 and they’re looking for 200k and a Mercedes.

So who knows. Like I said…I’ll hold judgement until a media outlet reports something
It does seem like it may be an extortion attempt. So the pictures, etc. are legit. It’s her age which may not be. There has to be a reason that no media outlet is reporting on this.

Also seeing something on Twitter that the mom told wander her daughter was 18 and they’re looking for 200k and a Mercedes.

So who knows. Like I said…I’ll hold judgement until a media outlet reports something
Just as long as they don’t send him back to the minors, it seems that’s what he is hoping for.

Last edited:
I realize I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong.
I just have to the think it’s more likely a 22 yr old multimillionaire got tricked vs intentionally wanted a relationship with a 14 yr old.

I realize there are sickos out there, but on the likelihood scale….getting hoodwinked feels more likely.

Huge three game series this weekend A’s at Nats.

There were some exciting finishes for the huge series. The Nationals had a walk-off HR on Saturday, and then yesterday scored 6 runs in the ninth for another walk-off win.

Oakland is down to .280

I realize I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong.
I just have to the think it’s more likely a 22 yr old multimillionaire got tricked vs intentionally wanted a relationship with a 14 yr old.

I realize there are sickos out there, but on the likelihood scale….getting hoodwinked feels more likely.
would still be illegal AF

would still be illegal AF
Depends on the place. If he got tricked then it is not illegal in some places. Look at the Chris “Birdman” Anderson story.

Edited to add that, no, I do not know this off the top of my head. I read a discussion about this last night.

Last edited:
The story does not appear to be trending in a great direction for Wander...

Felipe Vazquez was an all-star reliever for the Pirates in 2018 and 2019. He was accused, tried and convicted of an improper relationship with a thirteen year-old girl. Vazquez is now serving time in the big house.

Last edited:

Bobby Witt is living up to the hype, even if the Royals are terrible.

The story does not appear to be trending in a great direction for Wander...

Felipe Vazquez was an all-star reliever for the Pirates in 2018 and 2019. He was accused, tried and convicted of an improper relationship with a thirteen year-old girl. Vazquez is now serving time in the big house.

The one interesting point to him going on the restricted list is that it was mutually agreed. He will still get paid.
Feels like everyone is doing a REAL investigation into this instead of going through the motions like most domestic instances in the US, which seem much more cut and dry

The one interesting point to him going on the restricted list is that it was mutually agreed. He will still get paid.
Feels like everyone is doing a REAL investigation into this instead of going through the motions like most domestic instances in the US, which seem much more cut and dry

Oh he’s going to jail jail

Franco will not get paid if/when he is convicted.

Angels are calling up their 2023 MLB Draft 1st rounder Nolan Schanuel. He has played a total of 21 minor league games. Schanuel absolutely raked for FAU this Spring: .447/.615/.868/1.483.

The Angels were the first team to call up their 2022 first rounder too. Desperate times for the Halos before Shohei leaves....

Angels are calling up their 2023 MLB Draft 1st rounder Nolan Schanuel. He has played a total of 21 minor league games. Schanuel absolutely raked for FAU this Spring: .447/.615/.868/1.483.

The Angels were the first team to call up their 2022 first rounder too. Desperate times for the Halos before Shohei leaves....

Pretty unheard of for a position player.

JULIOOOOOO is on some kind of amazing heater. Just mashing since the AS Break

I don't say this often, but Mariners baseball is pretty much must see TV right now. And solely because of Julio.

Back