• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 NASCAR Thread - Goodbye Ken Squier

23e552291e7bb229c7e3a0857025660d.jpg

With the crowd and celebs gracing COTA, I don't see NASCAR leaving this place anytime soon. I'm glad too, I like the track, and am happy for good weather today. That rain races a few years back was an absolute cluster.
This didn’t age that well haha.
I’m not a road course guy in general other than Sonoma and WG. COTA just isn’t built for stock cars. The end of that race was an absolute shit show and an embarrassment. I also can’t stand the cautions that last 15 minutes. BUT I was happy to see a race without stage cautions. Hopefully it will be implemented at all tracks soon.

Scored our camping spot for the ASR today. Literally cross the road and walk up the hill for $50/night. Parking is also available there $20/day, first come first serve. Looking at you @deacdixieboy

You going? I’m headed up day of and immediately back after with a few colleagues. Only race #2 for the year so far. Wish all the close ones weren’t so close together on the calendar!

Not this year. We used to always go to Martinsville, but don't want to spend any more $$ until we see if the new package allows the cars to close and pass more easily.

Last spring was hands down the worst race at Martinsville I've ever seen.

Not this year. We used to always go to Martinsville, but don't want to spend any more $$ until we see if the new package allows the cars to close and pass more easily.

Last spring was hands down the worst race at Martinsville I've ever seen.
Yeah, we were at last spring also. It may have been the worst race I’ve ever seen period, especially when you include the miserable weather.

I was there as well. My group was stupid enough to sit in snow and shoot the bull While eating soggy hotdogs. Folks in front of us were laughing at our jokes. When the track was getting dried the idiot in front of me went and got his dad. Old man came up wanted to see my ticket cause I was sitting in his seat. I said I’ll slide over and he was not happy. There were seats everywhere and the prick was tore up cause we were not moving fast enough. My nickname is the Mayor cause people always come up to me and start talking. Anyways, my son thought the mayor was doing work until he read my lips.

I was there as well. My group was stupid enough to sit in snow and shoot the bull While eating soggy hotdogs. Folks in front of us were laughing at our jokes. When the track was getting dried the idiot in front of me went and got his dad. Old man came up wanted to see my ticket cause I was sitting in his seat. I said I’ll slide over and he was not happy. There were seats everywhere and the prick was tore up cause we were not moving fast enough. My nickname is the Mayor cause people always come up to me and start talking. Anyways, my son thought the mayor was doing work until he read my lips.
I actually like sitting between 1 and 2 at Martinsville but, after last year, I will sit under the overhang every time. Good thing that’s where our tickets are because Sunday is looking like it may be wet again. Will be interesting to see if we get an oval with rain tires.

I love sitting in turn 1 with a view down the front straight. I love short tracks as a whole.

Back in the 90s, my family hit every short track in the month of April. It was insane. Bristol, Martinsville, North Wilkesboro, and Richmond in such close proximity to each other on the schedule.

Between the 2012 Spring Race and last year’s Spring night race, I attended every Martinsville race but one.

Last year’s Spring race ruined it for me. The weather was horrendous and the racing sucked. I haven’t been able to regain my enthusiasm for it. Did not go last fall and haven’t bought tickets for this weekend.

Between the 2012 Spring Race and last year’s Spring night race, I attended every Martinsville race but one.

Last year’s Spring race ruined it for me. The weather was horrendous and the racing sucked. I haven’t been able to regain my enthusiasm for it. Did not go last fall and haven’t bought tickets for this weekend.
At least this weekend is during the day. Richmond a few weeks ago reinvigorated me. This new short track package should be good.

In the most wtf news in recent memory, Ryan Newman is returning to run select races for Rick Ware.

We were joking last night that he's coming after Ross after what happened last weekend at Dover.

Throwback weekend at Darlington coming up, followed by the All-Star race at NWB. We're heading up Thursday evening for the ASR weekend to camp. Looking forward to this race so much.

Back