• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 NASCAR Thread - Goodbye Ken Squier

I'm not sure if they covered it on TV, but this is the crowd for practice and the pit crew competition.
0b669eb1484937dc6ee9a8202be7e929.jpg

Last time I was at North Wilkesboro for a race was probably before 90% of you were born. Awesome Bill from Dawsonville won the championship and I believe an extra $1 million purse for the effort.

Do they still throw the chicken bones and trash down against the fence? Yes, I'm NOT lying. Maybe that's no longer allowed.

Track position played a big role on Wednesday. It was fairly difficult to pass. Not impossible, but definitely a one preferred groove track like most short tracks. Hopefully the 29/4 can improve that starting position in the heats because the pit crew challenge didn’t go well!

Since this is a points race, I envision some bump and runs. Not like old Bristol, but the rough surface and huge payout should make it interesting.

The late models didn't have $1,000,000 to race for.

Since this is a points race, I envision some bump and runs. Not like old Bristol, but the rough surface and huge payout should make it interesting.

The late models didn't have $1,000,000 to race for.
For sure. That worked on Wednesday too. Hell, Wednesday was so fun combined with Harvick now owning part of the CARS Tour that I think I’m gonna get FloRacing. I did the NBC racing package for a while and enjoyed that.

Meant to say *isn't. Damn bourbon.

I did Peacock when they showed Bowman Gray, but let it lapse. Apparently, FloRacing is only $150 per year.

Not sure how it's showing on TV, but excellent crowd and great racing midpack on back. Lots of action, working drivers up the track to pass, and some old fashioned fender banging.

Just got home from the track. Sat in turn 1. Crowd was amazing, nearly full for truck race, some likely left due to the rain for the Cup races.

Truck race was great as mentioned with plenty of action throughout the field. You could clearly see the effect of the tire fall off as drivers were sliding a lot.

Not much happened in the Cup heats but jt was cool to see them run in the rain. Kinda forgot it was raining.

Traffic in and out was pretty good. We got out of the green lot in 30 minutes. Far better than races at Charlotte and Martinsville.

23 cars are making this a fun race. Just ignore the cheating 5 team with their all world driver.

Back