• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Pit Fantasy Football League - THE PLAYOFFS ARE SET

nothing worse than having one player in one league and going against them in another. or having a player facing a defense you have in another league (or same one).

How do you root for 100+ players and against 60-70 players especially when they overlap?
Yeah, I was also wondering this. This is my first time in 4 leagues, and yesterday was too much. I have DK Metcalf in two leagues and was playing against him in another, and trying to do the math of exactly how many points I want him to score without going over was silly.

I'm sure by midseason I'll have 2 leagues that I'm emotionally invested in on Sundays and 2 leagues that I update my starting lineup but don't particularly care about on gamedays.

So I'm insane and in 2021 I did the maximum 25 free leagues on ESPN just to try it out. You'd be surprised how much it doesn't matter at a certain point whether you have a guy or are going against a guy. I just tried to to put together the best possible team in each league and let the points fall however. I don't know what the tipping point is where you have enough overlapping guys that any points are good points for your team, but it's probably around where WFF is.

No chance that this loss hurts me in December in a league that annually comes down to tiebreakers for the last playoff spot

What are the tiebreakers again? I remember we had a discussion about them last year. Something about head-to-head vs. total points. I'm worried that having no QB points this week will hurt me down the road.

So I'm insane and in 2021 I did the maximum 25 free leagues on ESPN just to try it out. You'd be surprised how much it doesn't matter at a certain point whether you have a guy or are going against a guy. I just tried to to put together the best possible team in each league and let the points fall however. I don't know what the tipping point is where you have enough overlapping guys that any points are good points for your team, but it's probably around where WFF is.

This is exactly what I do....I'm in 8 free leagues on ESPN this season....I just love drafting and trying to get guys I covet in one league or the other.....so you go and just jump into a draft and get a new league....i dont really care if i win in those leagues, it's just a matter of seeing if I can draft well or maneuver the waiver wire well enough to win against 9 other dumbasses....multiple low-stakes leagues allows you to go for different longshot rookies or sleepers in each league.

But somehow I ended up with Dobbins in 4 out of 8 leagues....so that sucks.

But the best is that people in those free leagues sometimes either don't know what they're doing, or they draft wayyyy wrong and fill up their whole starting lineup before grabbing bench spots....there was a person in one of them that drafted all Dallas players with a few Texans players to fill spots that Dallas had no extra....so he took Dak, Pollard, Pierce, CeeDee, Cooks, Schultz, CJ Stroud, Deuce Vaughn, DAL defense, Dallas' kicker, Devin SIngletary, Jake Ferguson, Houston's Defense...and one or two more that I won't be bothered to look up.....so they're taking defenses and kickers in like round 7 or 8....so you get to pick up higher ADP guys at lower spots and you end up with a team like this one I got after drafting Saturday night (I know no one cares, but I really liked these drafts....so fuck you :Þ:

QB: Patrick Mahomes
RB: Bijan Robinson
RB: Najee Harris
WR: Stefon Diggs
WR: Christian Kirk
TE: David Njoku
FLEX: Kenneth Walker III
D/ST: Baltimore Ravens
K: Tyler Bass
BENCH: RB - Breece Hall
BENCH: RB - J.K. Dobbins
BENCH: RB - Samaje Perine
BENCH: WR - DeAndre Hopkins
BENCH: WR - Tyler Lockett
BENCH: WR - Gabe Davis
BENCH: TE - Chigoziem Okonkwo

OR this one:

QB: Justin Herbert
RB: Saquon Barkley
WR: DeVonta Smith
WR: Keenan Allen
TE: Tyler Higbee
FLEX: Kenneth Walker III
D/ST: Philadelphia Eagles
K: Tyler Bass
BENCH: QB - Jared Goff
BENCH: RB - D'Andre Swift
BENCH: RB - Devon Achane
BENCH: WR - Brandon Aiyuk
BENCH: WR - Tyler Lockett
BENCH: WR - Jahan Dotson
BENCH: TE - Dalton Kincaid

OR finally, this one:

QB: Joe Burrow (Crossing Fingers Emoji)
RB: Tony Pollard
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Chris Olave
TE: Cole Kmet
FLEX: James Conner
D/ST: Philadelphia Eagles
K: Jake Elliott
BENCH: RB - Khalil Herbert
BENCH: RB - Tyler Allgeier
BENCH: WR - DeAndre Hopkins
BENCH: WR - Brandon Aiyuk
BENCH: WR - Tyler Boyd
BENCH: WR - Gabe Davis
BENCH: TE - Dalton Kincaid

I was able to get all of the top QB's in one league or the other....I got Mahomes, Lamar, Burrow, Hurts, Allen, Richardson, Bryce, and of course Tua..

But.....yea.....so......

Those are just my random 1:30am comments about MY Fantasy Football teams.....super exciting isn't it??

Oh, and I also won $350 in Daily Fantasy on DraftKings (and 5 free tickets into any Millionaire Maker this season [top prize is $1,000,000])

On that note....GOODNIGHT ALL!!!

IDK what ESPN does when they do the Final Standings Prediction....but somehow I dropped from 8th to 19th before Week 1 was over. So weird.

And I was able to eke out the win versus GHOST!...I was up by 10 or so points going into Sunday night's game and he had Brandin Cooks going Sunday night and Gabe Davis going tonight.....but luckily they only managed 7.4 pts total!

YAY ME!

This is exactly what I do....I'm in 8 free leagues on ESPN this season....I just love drafting and trying to get guys I covet in one league or the other.....so you go and just jump into a draft and get a new league....i dont really care if i win in those leagues, it's just a matter of seeing if I can draft well or maneuver the waiver wire well enough to win against 9 other dumbasses....multiple low-stakes leagues allows you to go for different longshot rookies or sleepers in each league.

But somehow I ended up with Dobbins in 4 out of 8 leagues....so that sucks.
[...]
For those dying to know how I did overall this week.......I was 7-2

are 34 points the lowest anyone has ever scored in the history of the pit league? i sure hope so, because i'd hate to suck this bad and not at least gain a distinction

What are the tiebreakers again? I remember we had a discussion about them last year. Something about head-to-head vs. total points. I'm worried that having no QB points this week will hurt me down the road.
The tiebreaker was changed from H2H to total points for playoff spots

As a newcomer to the league, do the divisions matter for playoff spots?
Yes, division winner automatically gets in, 4 wild cards are for best 4 others. There will be a bad division where the winner gets in over teams with better records, annual occurrence.

are 34 points the lowest anyone has ever scored in the history of the pit league? i sure hope so, because i'd hate to suck this bad and not at least gain a distinction
Think there were a couple in the 20s over the past couple seasons, myself included.

Back