• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Pit Fantasy Football League - THE PLAYOFFS ARE SET

the important thing is that you rest. don't stress yourself out with FF.

(glad you're okay fr)

Agreed. Just take a week off. Just set your lineups for next week and don’t worry about this week. The most important thing is your health.

Wow, had no idea you had COVID.

GET REST!!! Health is more important than silly write-ups.

And we will only slightly hold it against you! ;)

GET WELL SOON GOON!!!

Thank you for the analytics and playoff scenarios. All of them have me on the outside looking in by a mile. Frustrating year as I seem to have 2 dudes (I think they draw straws) taking a week off from scoring, rushing, passing, catching, etc. And, a 3rd guy that is trying to go negative each half....

WEEK 8 RECAP
#NEVERFORGET #DIGGLERSUCKS

giphy.gif

You can keep a Gooner down, and you can pretty much keep him out. But that won't stop me (it definitely did) from reminding all about the mission statement of this fine league: Digger Sucks. With COVID slowly seeping from my body into the sewers beneath the greater Kansas City area and a freshly minted "1" in the win column, let's look at what happened in Week 8:

WEEK 8 STATS

Week 8 Scores.jpg Week 8 Stats.jpg

WEEK 8 NOTES
  • Wake Up! The Place is on Fire!: Hoooooooly shit @Sleepy. What a performance. We have had some teams creep into the 130s over the years and in 2021, @WakeForest Fan crept up to 143.4 points in Week 5, the highest score in modern Pit FFL history to my knowledge. But Sleepy blew that out of the fucking water this week, almost hitting 160 en route to a stunning blowout of @Satan. And astoundingly, Sleepy could have gotten to that 160 mark as Brian Robinson outscored starter Tony Pollard from the bench. Sleepy is the hottest team on the planet right now with five straight victories and a massive jump to the top of the scoring charts. A tremendous reversal of fortunes for a team that started 0-3 with minimal prospects of this sort of turnaround. Kudos to Sleepy, long may it continue.​
  • Don't Let Her Get Hot Too: Speaking of unbelievable turnarounds, don't look now but Mrs. @iodeac has reeled off three straight and extricated herself from the cellar of the scoring charts. Another comprehensive win in Week 8 over division rival @Wolf1297 has Mrs. I/O probably thinking some borderline delusional thoughts of a playoff race, but there's no denying that she's infinitely closer than many would have expected her to be just a couple weeks back. The wildcard race is unbelievably tight, and to this point Mrs. I/O still is far enough down the scoring ladder that tiebreaks will likely not fall in her favor, but absolutely phenomenal work from her to claw back into semi-contention with 6 weeks still to go.​
  • Down Goes I/O: On the other side of the couch, Mr. @iodeac finally found himself on the losing end of a matchup this season. Really no fault of his own as a top-7 score and 90+ points usually can get it done, but @TripleDeacon had a little more juice behind his Cowboy duo and grabbed a key victory in keeping his own playoff hopes alive. The 14-0 dream died in Week 8, but Mr. I/O still finds himself in a great position with a 2-game lead in the division and a solid place in the scoring tiebreaks that will make it hard to usurp him in the the race for a playoff spot. Tough break this week, I/O, but I know you'll be back even stronger.​
  • Ph Watch: Ph lost to Fighting Cocks in Week 8.​
  • COVID Watch: Eat a dick, COVID. Also #DIGGLERSUCKS​
WEEK 9 PREVIEW

redwing (4-4) vs. Mrs. I/O (3-5)
Not a ton of high-profile matchups in Week 9, so I'm going to take a look at a couple of matchups that are close to "loser goes home" territory. Both @redwing42 and Mrs. I/O are clinging on to wildcard dreams by the skin of their teeth, but both are also languishing near the bottom of overall scoring which means their tiebreak status is suspect at best. With the glut of teams between 5-3 and 3-5 (currently 75% of the league), this week is a big moving week for any team that wants to keep those dreams alive. While redwing does have a one-game cushion on Mrs. I/O which gives him perhaps a little bit less desperation in getting the victory this week, from my eyes whoever suffers defeat this week can probably chalk off their playoff hopes for 2023. Best of luck to the both of you.

DEACHAWK (4-4) vs. Lone Wolf (4-4)
A lot of the discussion of the matchup of @DeacHawk and Lone Wolf can be cut and paste from above, especially for DEACHAWK, but Wolf has a little bit more leeway which makes this less of a "loser goes home" matchup and more of a potential springboard for the winner. As has been mentioned above in this thread, 8 wins is almost a must to have a shot at the wildcard and is still no guarantee. I don't think I'm stating anything too genius in suggesting only needing 3 wins from 5 remaining games is vastly superior to needing 4 from 5, but the point does have merit. DEACHAWK needs it more, but has hit a 4-game slide since starting 4-0 and is suffering. Both teams are also in super clogged divisions so whoever can grab the win this week will feel they have a real shot at cutting through and securing one of those coveted wildcard spots.

Best of luck to all in Week 9!​

Attachments

• Week 8 Scores.jpg
    Week 8 Scores.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 5
plus you knew that failure to deliver a recap prior to week 9 games beginning was going to receive MOCKERY

Injury bug finally got me with Montgomery being out for a few weeks and losing Kendrick Bourne mid-game and now he's out for the season.

Btw I scored 140 in Week 5.

Injury bug finally got me with Montgomery being out for a few weeks and losing Kendrick Bourne mid-game and now he's out for the season.

Btw I scored 140 in Week 5.
Missed that one going through the sheet, apologies

102-31 in Total All-Play so far and likely to fall to 4-5 in the league after this weekend. 🐐

102-31 in Total All-Play so far and likely to fall to 4-5 in the league after this weekend. 🐐
And Davis will get a free playoff spot. Tough break.

just to confirm the bets we made over PM:
  • 3 of you voted "no recap this week, blame lingering work after COVID last month"
  • 2 of you voted "recap will happen within 6 hours of posting that this pool exists"
  • 4 of you voted "recap will be delivered before 5pm Wednesday (ouch, getting close on this one falling off the board)
  • no vote from the rest

HELPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in desperate need of a QB to fill in for BYE week.

I have sent out some trade offers.

Will someone PLEASE make a trade?

Feel free to offer me one if you have a spare QB.

EVERYONE ON MY TEAM IS AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT PRICE

But this ridiculous holding of 3 QB's when you have a top 10 QB is just getting silly.

Last edited:
I feel personally attacked!! I am willing to make a trade tho

Sorry for the frustration....it's been a shitty day in the middle of a shitty week.

My apologies!

Crafting the recap as we speak (eat shit, @DeacDiggler), and at some point I am going to have to do a historical deep dive on SD3. He is a wizard. Never a top, top scorer, always a playoff contender, always seems to catch teams in the right weeks. This absolutely should be the year he gets got and yet he's right there in the wildcard race and will just need a couple results to drop his way in the stretch run.

Back