• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Pit Fantasy Football League - THE PLAYOFFS ARE SET

• @Ghostsurfer: Ghost is most thankful that the 2024 season has to bring him more luck than 2023. Ghost has not performed poorly by any means. His scoring is middle of the pack, he has had a couple of really solid scoring weeks, but it just hasn't translated into wins. 5 losses by under 10 points, a further 2 more by less than 15, including a week where he had a top-4 score, all of this has caused Ghost to be fully eliminated before 4 team s below him in the scoring charts. But the performance is there, which means maintaining that level of drafting and dedication can only lead to him returning back to the top in the future.​

• @Screamindemon3: As always, SD3 is most thankful for his genetic mind control wizardry he has that convinces teams to play at his level week to week. Three wins by fewer than 10 points and six weeks where teams scored well under the league average have helped SD3 keep his team well within the playoff race. And while his chances right now are slimmer than others at 6-5, you can be certain that there will be some voodoo magic shit going on the last three weeks of the season with his opponents and main rivals. It'll be fun to see if the black magic can conjure up yet another playoff birth for SD3.​

• @DeacHawk: DeacHawk is very thankful that competition for playoff spots is so fierce. With how wild the rollercoaster of DeacHawk's season has been, the most important thing for him is just to stay in the conversation. Nobody is securing their spot 100% and with the amount of inter-divisional games still to be played, DeacHawk is still lingering on the edge of the bracket despite his lower scoring totals. He won't have tiebreakers on his side, but DeacHawk gets two already eliminated teams in Weeks 13 and 14 so with all the fighting going around him, he may just be able to sneak in outright.​

• @redwing42: redwing is extremely thankful that he is married to such a wonderful person as @GoalieMom. I hope she makes you a chocolate lava cake as a special Thanksgiving dessert. redwing is probably also thankful that while this season was nothing to write home about and likely will not end up in a playoff berth, at least it wasn't an outright embarrassment and 2024 will bring him an opportunity to improve.​

• @OblongPickle: Pickle is definitely thankful that people finally started trading players in this league. While none of it actually helped him and in fact maybe overall hurt his playoff chances, at least these 19 sticks in the mud finally figured out what he has known for so long: fantasy football is about managing the team and playing the game, not a draft simulator. Thank god Pickle finally removed the scales from our eyes and now we see. Now if only these yahoos would listen to all the other great ideas Pickle has about how to improve the league maybe we'd really be getting somewhere.​

• Mrs. @iodeac: Mrs. I/O is thankful that for a brief moment this season, things looked like they could turn around. That's the fun in fantasy football, the chance that any given week could be the turning point and get a season back on track. Despite starting 0-5, Mrs. I/O went on a 3-game winning streak and looked like she might just claw back into the playoff picture. Sadly, a loss in Week 9 all but ended those hopes and she is now officially eliminated from the playoffs. But that moment in time, that's the good stuff.​

• @mako1331: mako is thankful that he is better at Sheep than fantasy football. Tough year for mako, from draft issues where auto-pick gave him 3 defenses, to an big injury to his #1 overall pick Justin Jefferson that pretty much killed his season. It's been a tough 2023 for mako but he is still killing it in Sheep, so there is always something to be thankful for here on OGB.​

For me, I'm just thankful that I can play in a league as wacky at this with no real stakes but having fun. I'm not having any fun this year, don't get me wrong, but at least there are no consequences to that. At least until Pickle gets voted commissioner in 2024 and institutes relegation. In all seriousness though, I am truly thankful for the participation and fun that we get to have year-to-year. And I'm even thankful for the @DeacDiggler's of the world keeping me honest. Appreciate you all very much, hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and best of luck to all teams in Week 12!

@PhDeac I am thankful for you. You should be thankful that the scheduling gods gave you 3 winnable games to finish the season and that 8-6 might actually be enough to get you in. You couldn’t ask for a better home stretch really.

I'm thankful for all of the write-up mentions and backhanded compliments!

Where would I be without these boards to destroy what serotonin I have left?

Believe me, my ass will be in my seat and my mouth will be shut from here on out....

:homer-disappear:

poof-gone.gif

I'm thankful for all of the write-up mentions and backhanded compliments!

Where would I be without these boards to destroy what serotonin I have left?

Believe me, my ass will be in my seat and my mouth will be shut from here on out....

:homer-disappear:

View attachment 6839
All in good fun, sir. I much prefer people who care and want the league to be the best it can be, all suggestions are valid.

Very thankful for Gooner's fun recaps & reviews!!
Not to disparage any other members of the league, but you/Wolf and i/o and Mrs. i/o are my favorite members of the league because I get at least 2 marital harmony/discord storylines a year.

My goal as a commissioner though is to get Mrs. I/O to create her own account. I might have to be more aggressive in my recapping in the future though.

Not to disparage any other members of the league, but you/Wolf and i/o and Mrs. i/o are my favorite members of the league because I get at least 2 marital harmony/discord storylines a year.

My goal as a commissioner though is to get Mrs. I/O to create her own account. I might have to be more aggressive in my recapping in the future though.
Is this your subtle way of asking me to marry you, gooner?

@PhDeac I am thankful for you. You should be thankful that the scheduling gods gave you 3 winnable games to finish the season and that 8-6 might actually be enough to get you in. You couldn’t ask for a better home stretch really.

2-9 Ghost Surfer now has 115 and counting.

Four of my last five opponents have scored 105+. The other was Goon who beat me with 60 during my bye week hell.

And I lost by 0.24 points with a -4 point DST, shit happens

After elimination, my pep talk finally kicked in. Where was this all season? I could never get ALL the guys to perform (just hit their damn projection). It seemed like i was always playing 2 guys down. Looking at you Gabe Davis and Aaron Jones.

Well maybe my pep talk with get 25 each from Hockenson and Herbert.

Back