• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

Being in this losers bracket is not good. 80% of the teams that win their first two games win the region. That is to say whichever of Maryland and UConn wins tonight is in the driver's seat. The winner tonight would only need to beat the winner of tomorrow morning's game.

You realize that is true and how double elimination regionals always work, right?

I like the concept of Squeeze Play, but when the commentators talk about games they aren't currently showing (and they don't switch over at least relatively quickly, which seems to happen a lot), it's kind of annoying.

3 run HR by UConn....6-2....I think they're going to win.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are in Omaha. Real solid looking team all around.

Went to yesterday's game and talked with a seemingly knowledgeable UConn fan, he said he thought this was their best team ever due to some strong transfers.

IF Maryland is better them losing tonight is preferable, but not sure that's actually the case

Looking like Maryland tomorrow 1st game. I think this is the best scenario for us.

You realize that is true and how double elimination regionals always work, right?

This was pushback to earlier posts about how losing the first game was no big deal. I know how double elimination works.

not watching but looks like maryland already put in their white flag reliever to save for tomorrow. but just looking at season stats, we should have the upper hand pitching-wise.

I’d love to be the team to knock out Maryland. Hated them when they were in the ACC and hate them now.

Most meaningful Wake @ Maryland athletic contest since football in 2006?

Hopefully it goes as well as that did

VT batted around twice in one inning vs Columbia. scored 14 runs.

I didn't realize until watching this game that Md. Won the Big 10.

Not only did Carolina lose but their coach also got suspended for 2 games.

Back