• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

Nah. MAGA cream rises to the top.

I agree if Trump makes the endorsement which clears the field. Haley is betting he doesn’t or it doesn’t clear the field.

really hope we don't get some dope No Labels third party candidate. Allegedly Manchin said no and now I've seen some rumors of Haley.
Haley would be less troublesome as a third party also ran than a centrist Dem or Pub like a Manchin + Collins unity ticket or a Chris Christy type. She is very far right now on most issues and I don't see many Dems leaving even super old Biden for someone so anti-abortion, anti-immigrant, etc. Her biggest impact would likely be peeling away GOP support for Trump.

Having said all that, I agree with Sig that she not aiming for 3rd party. That would fully eliminate her from the GOP 2028 race, which is her only path to the White House.

Yeah Haley blew her chance on being a viable candidate with her far right platform. If she come slightly right but centered (Romney?) she might of had a shot. Too bad, people I know who have met her said she's as hard working, bright, articulate person that you'd ever want to meet. But "embryo's in a petrie dish are babies" is about as absurd a view as can come out of any viable Candidate in my mind. Still can't get that out of my head.

I heard Tim Miller say something about Haley that I completely agreed with and it went something like this..." 80% of what Haley say is something that you find yourself nodding along to and saying yeah,yeah, that's right and 20% of what she says is soul crushing in how horrible and disgusting it is and it makes you hope that she never holds another office.

I heard Tim Miller say something about Haley that I completely agreed with and it went something like this..." 80% of what Haley say is something that you find yourself nodding along to and saying yeah,yeah, that's right and 20% of what she says is soul crushing in how horrible and disgusting it is and it makes you hope that she never holds another office.
I think Mr. Miller has something there.

Yeah Haley blew her chance on being a viable candidate with her far right platform. If she come slightly right but centered (Romney?) she might of had a shot. Too bad, people I know who have met her said she's as hard working, bright, articulate person that you'd ever want to meet. But "embryo's in a petrie dish are babies" is about as absurd a view as can come out of any viable Candidate in my mind. Still can't get that out of my head.
The knock I've heard on Haley is that she always sticks her finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing, and as a result, you get comments like the bolded.

That's the MAGA in her.

I think Haley is positioning herself for a book deal and tv show.
That is a completely normal view, and one that is true in most cases. I happen to have a fairly well-placed SAUCE that indicates that is not the case here. But that doesn't mean she won't end up as a talking head somewhere. She sure doesn't have an elected office that would make sense for which to run, and I think Trump is done with her (and he with him) in the event he wins.

I agree with this, except I'd say 100% for the second part and 0% for the first part.

Every time Haley gets 40% of the vote it chips away at the myth of Trump. A certain percentage will either vote for Biden or not vote at all. That benefits the Democrats.

A certain percentage of the Republican party would like to see Trump and MAGA disappear. If the election is a landslide Democratic victory, moderate Republicans may then take the opportunity to jettison Trump and MAGA. That faction has been too cowardly to oppose him for the last eight years. They value their inclusion in government.

Back